Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Dreamweaver MX 2004 fixed for Mac?

Dreamweaver MX 2004 fixed for Mac?
madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2004, 11:53 AM

When it first came out, I tried it and with a number of documents open at once, it crawled.

I've seen a few say that with the .1 update it is just as fast as on PC.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the .1 update fixes the problems it had when numerous documents are open at once?

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
May 12, 2004, 12:10 PM

some opinions about it here
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

madmacgames  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2004, 12:33 PM

thanks philzilla. I had seen that thread before and it is what prompted me to do this one.

I am specifically looking for if anyone knows if the problem with having several documents open at once has been fixed (10 or more).

Graham UK
May 30, 2004, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by madmacgames:
thanks philzilla. I had seen that thread before and it is what prompted me to do this one.

I am specifically looking for if anyone knows if the problem with having several documents open at once has been fixed (10 or more).
I've certainly had no problems with 10 or more documents open at once. I found the update brought a huge increase in performance, making the app useable for the first time.

nica
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2004, 02:25 PM

I'm still using MX 6.1 Is the MX 2004 worth the money?

Right now MX 6.1 works great for me but if anybody feels that MX 2004 has decresed development time please let us know how and give example.

Thanks

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2004, 08:11 PM

I was one of the beta testers of .1 and definitely .1 made it as fast as it should be in MOST places.

Mooga2
Forum Regular
Jun 1, 2004, 10:57 PM

Here are some thoughts from my own tests, since we run several machines on StudioMX 2004.

G5: Incredible speed increase from previous versions. You can have 20 windows open and edit them without much hesitation in Dreamweaver. Rare crashing, but it has happened when using templates. Besides opening files and some rendering (which are instantaneous on PC), many common commands come close to the speed of their PC version. Worth the upgrade.

G4 (DP 1GHz): You can have 20 windows open, but not recommended. Editing even text will give you a delay from the keyboard to the screen. Speed is improved from the original MX, but the increase on this machine doesn't warrant purchasing an upgrade. My personal opinion is that if I am stuck using this computer for web development, I much prefer writing code manually in PageSpinner.

PC (2.6GHz P4): No hesitation whatsoever. Unfortunatley, you can tell that Dreamweaver was built for PC.

Hope this helps!
- Moo!
"He only has one look... it's like I've been taking crazy pills!"

leperkuhn
Senior User
Jun 8, 2004, 01:13 PM

I was frustrated by the speed of mx 2004 on my 933 iBook but it's much better now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules