Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Super Drive Replacement in a Mini

Super Drive Replacement in a Mini
Kelvasco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2006, 12:30 PM

Hi All,

I've attempted a install of a UJ 845c Super Drive in my 1.42, 80, I gig, year old Mac Mini. OS 10.4 does not see the drive after the install. Using Patch de, it doesn't regonized the drive. I did insert a blank CD-R to test the drive and it just swallowed the disk without a on screen image. When, I replaced my original Combo Drive, my Mini see it and it works fine. In the past, I have installed the Mini's additional memory, and a Airport/bluetooth upgrade, but this drive is a mystery. What is the problem with the Super Drive not being regonized by the Mini and OSx?

Please your help. And, a big thanks,
navreader

Kelvasco  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by navreader
Hi All,

I've attempted a install of a UJ 845c Super Drive in my 1.42, 80, I gig, year old Mac Mini. OS 10.4 does not see the drive after the install. Using Patch de, it doesn't regonized the drive. I did insert a blank CD-R to test the drive and it just swallowed the disk without a on screen image. When, I replaced my original Combo Drive, my Mini see it and it works fine. In the past, I have installed the Mini's additional memory, and a Airport/bluetooth upgrade, but this drive is a mystery. What is the problem with the Super Drive not being regonized by the Mini and OSx?

Please your help. And, a big thanks,
navreader
Hi All,

After two weeks of no replies, and fiddeling with this superdrive install---I abandon the project and reinstalled the Combo drive. My advise. Don't overshoot your technical awareness

navreader

Forum Links
Forum Rules