Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Eyetv Diversity

Eyetv Diversity
Kelvasco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 07:08 PM

Was trying to find a good TV tuner for my mac today and I stumbled upon this http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file...eyetvdiversity. Couldn't find anything about it on the forums which was surprising. It looks absolutly perfect. It has the option of either birng a twin tuner freeview box ( for people with good reception like me ) or as a stand alone single freeview tuner with 2 airels for better reception. Any comments welcome. Cheers.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2006, 07:11 PM

seems like the euro version of the hybrid, no?

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Kelvasco  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 07:14 PM

It might be. They are very similair but I think there is a couple of differences.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 3, 2006, 11:03 AM

Not the Euro version of the Hybrid. The Diversity is DVB-T only, it's dual tuners and dual antennae.

The Hybrid is an analog and digital terrestrial. Same enclosure, different hardware.

richwig83
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2006, 03:30 PM

With the hybrid you can only record the channel you are watching, with the diversity you can watch one channel whilst recording another!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules