Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 (Page 20)
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2012, 02:26 PM

I've now finished the Assignments (B2K, Premium and CQ) except for the SQDM thingy, just so I could have all the weapons. Now I'm following your lead and getting Service Stars for each one. I've found it far easier to get the 100 kills in TDM, especially HC TDM for snipers. But now I'm doing the shotties, I'm basically running around the shipping containers on Nosehairs with the shotgun of the day. Reminds me of the madness of Shipment sometimes. Good side is that my score per minute has gone from 219 to 324 in 2 weeks. Not gotten the K/D to 1 yet though.

As an aside, the M1014 isn't as powerful as the 870. Fact.

Holidays coming up so I've got to profit from the last couple of days before going through 3 weeks of no Xbox.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2012, 05:07 AM

The BF3 Statistics Engine is currently down.

God dammit, I need my morning fix of BF3 stats!!! What the hell am I going to do?!?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 4, 2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I Good side is that my score per minute has gone from 219 to 324 in 2 weeks. Not gotten the K/D to 1 yet though.
Sorry to break it you, but SPM is pretty meaningless now. Not to mention TDM artificially inflates the number.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2012, 01:03 PM

Cheers for pissing on my bonfire. Why is it meaningless?

I find that the pump action shotties are quicker to kill than the semi-autos (I put the USAS into single fire mode, much more controllable). Maybe its because you have to take more care and can't spam. The MK3A1 does seem (to me) to be better than the other semis though.

Can't say that I enjoy the LMGs in TDM. I can remember having fun with the M249 playing CQ on Metro, but I reckon that I'll use shotties or PDWs for the support class.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 9, 2012, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Cheers for pissing on my bonfire. Why is it meaningless?
Well, let's start with gametype. TDM > CQ > Rush in terms of pacing, so naturally if you play more of the former then your SPM will be higher. Then there's classes, but if you're some dumbass that sits in a corner with your sniper rifle all day you get what you deserve. After that, it's the maps; Someone who sticks to the more infantry focused maps (Metro, Bazaar, Seine), is far more likely to have a higher SPM than someone playing Firestorm, Caspian, and Kharg. Now look at the CQ maps. The new Dom gametype accelerates Flag captures but doesn't reduce the points awarded, so that will accelerate your SPM. Finally, double xp. The knuckleheads don't factor it out, so any game where I do 500 SPM I'm credited with 1000.

Weird how my SPM shoots up every couple of weeks at a much faster rate, eh? Between CQ and double xp my SPM has accelerated almost 200 points. That's why SPM is worthless.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 9, 2012, 06:32 AM

Weekend notes

• Mastery: SAIGA, SCAR-L

• Unlocked Laser Painter for Scout Heli. As broken as it has seemed on the receiving end.

• Earned the Squad Rush medal. Also had an epic 10-4 run.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 9, 2012, 09:25 AM

Three and half weeks ago, I hit Colonel 50. I am now Colonel 87. I'm so ashamed (damn you double xp)

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 10, 2012, 06:09 AM

So I got banned from one of my favorite servers last night because of the usual reason - killed the admin too many times.

Since I was sad, I decided to message the guy - "Any reason for the banning or just a sore loser?"

He replied later 'You camp too much. sorry"

This is hilarious because of the circumstances. We were on Metro and his team lost B quickly and was pushed to A, so a good portion of my team was holding the line at the ticket booth. Is that camping? Only in the most technical sense. Further, an aggressive push into A has two outcomes: We capture A, at which point now we're all spawn campers (How is this better?) or we become porous idiots, allowing the enemy team to cap B easily (which I suspect is what he was wanting).

Now right before I got banned I was defending at the ticket booth when the admin killed me straight up and ran down the locker room, obviously making the run for C. I respawned and immediately set out after him - along with like four more members of my team, but I was unlucky enough to be the first to see him and killed him as he arrived at C and went prone in a remote corner.

So my ban happened after I chased him down at C and I shut down his escape (i.e., definitely not camping). I replied as much and he had no more comment.

The worst part is, I wasn't really dominating him heads-up. I think we were within 1-2 kills of each other, I just happened to be thwarting his best attempts to take B (or C).

**** pussy admins.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 10, 2012, 07:17 AM

Freaking ridiculous.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 10, 2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Freaking ridiculous.
He doesn't specify "no camping" in the server description, either. Just another butthurt admin. It's another reason I prefer to be on the Admin's team. I hope this guy periodically clears his ban list. 100% ticket servers are so hard to find,let alone with good map rotations.

Now, stop playing FIFA buy CQ and join us for better than CoD mayhem.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 10, 2012, 09:28 AM

Ha...I'm growing tired of FIFA's Euro expansion pack, so it's definitely more likely.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
So I got banned from one of my favorite servers last night because of the usual reason - killed the admin too many times.
I'm surprised that you and your team (Stogie, Bogues, etc.) haven't been banned before. I would assume your not always on the admin's team and that your good enough to eventually piss the admin off.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 10, 2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I'm surprised that you and your team (Stogie, Bogues, etc.) haven't been banned before. I would assume your not always on the admin's team and that your good enough to eventually piss the admin off.
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Weekend Notes

• Got banned from a server this weekend when Mokaius and I were running in a tank, him repairing constantly. Got up to 26-1 dominating and then got the boot.
I've been inexplicably banned from a few Squad Rush servers, and kicked or moved on a few more, but last night and the example above are the only times I can remember this occurring. You have to consider that the chances of the admin being on at any given time aren't that great, and sometimes I will avoid a server if I see the admin and several high ranking colonels or obvious platoons playing.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 10, 2012, 01:16 PM

I've been banned twice.

Once for no apparent reason (wasn't doing great, but definitely wasn't sucking or camping), and once for failing to realize it was a shotguns-only server. My half-minute rampage with an LMG was met with a swift response.

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Jul 11, 2012, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post

I've been banned close to 5 times, Generally i've either killed the admin multiple times or my defense of an objective is "camping", although in one instance I violated the "rules" on purpose, during a TDM match on Metro the server listed "No Shotguns" but after being killed 5 or 6 times by the SPAS I grabbed the DAO and went in the locker room, 3 kills in...banned. (no surprise the admin was on the team with the SPAS player)

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Jul 11, 2012, 03:45 AM

In other news, spent some more time with the M417 per Dakar's recommendation, It has easily moved into my top 3, on close quarters It is absolutely deadly, although my accuracy is only 18% i would say my head shot penetration is even higher than that (for me that is unheard of). I never thought recon would be useful but with the M417 and TUGS, recon can be an actual threat on close quarters maps.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 11, 2012, 06:01 AM

Was running with the MK3 on Donya last night (As I am wont to do) and apparently someone did not take kindly to it. After the game I got a message from someone fatty said was 0-2 sarcastically telling me I was "good" followed by "hahahahahahah". Amusing.

This was followed by a voice message about 10 min later (unlistened) and then another about 10 more minutes later! It's like he was disappointed I didn't respond, but his original comment wasn't really worth half a thought.

Oh, I went 42-6 that game.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 13, 2012, 06:17 AM

Join game at 1500 tickets. Cap B, fight for a long time for C. Crosbie gets kicked.

Triple cap, put down uprisings at B or A a few times. Chris and Anders get kicked and half our team.

Down at least four people, get reverse triple capped. As we gain people, recapture A, push for B. Still up by two hundred tickets, capture B. Fatty gets kicked.

Yep, I got kicked by the admin eventually as well.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 13, 2012, 07:05 AM

"Competition? Not on our server!"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 13, 2012, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
"Competition?  Not on our server!"
More like, "No spawn camping!" *make 1500 ticket game* "Why are we getting spawn camped?!"

I checked the name of the server owner after I got booted. He wasn't in the game. So god knows who was doing the booting.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2012, 08:27 AM

Yeah, that was lame. Oh well, I went on to get my first EOD bot kill in the following match. I'm glad that is over with.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 16, 2012, 05:24 PM

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 17, 2012, 06:34 AM

Weekend notes

• Mastery - AEK, AUG. All Assault Rifles have now been mastered.

• Sat night sek and I join a "No Abuse" Metro game and the game resets 5 on 5 with a clan of 4 on the other team. We take A, B, then successfully cock-block the opposing team for a few minutes, (with their random glitching into a wall at B). Then our random suddenly dies and appears on the other team, making it 4 on 6. We lose B, the lobby fills up, but we can never quite get through. Assholes.

• Played some TDM on the CQ maps. Joined a "No Abuse" server and spent three games progressively crushing the admin and his clan worse and worse culminating in a 100-51 victory. Next game loads, everyone but the clan is kicked from the server. Feels good man.

• We can't buy a win the past two days. This from a game we were winning when inexplicably our team left over a few minutes, leaving us down half a team.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 21, 2012, 07:01 AM

2 weeks since I've played this game, getting withdrawal symptoms.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 21, 2012, 11:21 AM

Here. This video of the upcoming DLC, "Armored Kill" should hold you off for awhile.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n981...ler.htm?nlid=9

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Here.  This video of the upcoming DLC, "Armored Kill" should hold you off for awhile.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n981...ler.htm?nlid=9
And now I have an erection.

BUT : one does have to wonder how much smaller the console maps could be.

Still hard though, cheers Dakar.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2012, 07:17 AM

Decided to go on a solo run last weekend when no one else was on.

I ran medic in Conquest, revived a guy who promptly ran around the corner where the action was thick, died again, and began swearing at me for reviving him.

I rolled my eyes and logged off. I can't stand playing solo.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 29, 2012, 03:07 PM

I doubt that the new assignments could be shittier. Cammo FFS.

My personal August assignment is to get better in jets. So far I haven't done anything but get shot down.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 30, 2012, 04:54 AM

Camo for guns I don't use. Otherwise known as, "Hey, I can skip these assignments."

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 30, 2012, 07:28 AM

Got a few kills in the jets. The stalling when climbing is annoying, or is it just me? And the F-35 starts going into hover mode at the most inopportune moments. Oh and I'm doing what other pilots seem to do, suicide just before the jet explodes. Very cheap.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2012, 12:08 PM

Getting a message when I try to join another player already in game :

The joined game is running an incompatible version. Please ensure that you have updated to the latest version and try again.

Not getting any prompts to download a patch or anything, any ideas?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Jul 31, 2012, 12:10 PM

DId they issue an update? I did notice last night that most of my recent and favorite servers were gone, but I chalked it up to leases expiring at the end of the month.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 31, 2012, 01:23 PM

No idea if there was an update, never got any messages about downloading something.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 2, 2012, 11:44 AM

So I'm planning on blowing the dust off my 360 tonight, you game dakar?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 2, 2012, 11:46 AM

God yes. Monday night was so awful alone I decided I was done playing solo for a while.

I probably won't be home till 9 or 9.30, though.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2012, 06:34 AM

My bad Dakar, I passed out on the couch around 9 last night, ill be more reliable tonight, although my girlfriend has an addition to watching the Olympics so it might be later than usual.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2012, 06:36 AM

You passed out? Because I passed out around 8. And to think we could have been spooning, images of murdering noobs dancing around our heads.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2012, 08:48 AM

Oppressive heat has returned to my area so I find it very difficult exist in out apt. without falling into a coma.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 3, 2012, 08:59 AM

I was just plain tired, but the heat doesn't help.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2012, 01:36 PM

I didn't realise that you guys lived in the third world. Don't you have aircon in the North Eastern US? Or fans?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 10:01 AM

Come back, sek, come back! playing alone sucksssssssss

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 12:06 PM

Haha, yeah I bet it does. Honestly it's mostly been the Olympics, my g/f loves them, and the only channel we get is the regular NBC which means from 9-midnight the TV is all used up. I'll try and finagle myself in tomorrow night.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 8, 2012, 12:07 PM

Yeah, like just an hour. I haven't had much more time than that lately.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2012, 03:01 PM

*ATTENTION DAKAR*

Sign on ASAP, I have the TV for several hours.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 9, 2012, 10:54 AM

I have failed you. What happened?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 9, 2012, 04:34 PM

I've got the TV tonight, sign on and let's do this.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Aug 9, 2012, 04:48 PM

I'll be on in 20.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 01:16 PM

You see very strange rules on some servers. Besides the no shotgun, no M320, I've seen :

On a HC TDM : No LMGs (no shotguns either but no other weapons mentioned)
On a HC CQ : No F2000 (????Like its THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THA WORLD MAN!)
On some others : no laser painter, no javelin

And my personal fav : no tactical light

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2012, 01:19 PM

I have returned from my camping hiatus, BF3?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2012, 01:21 PM

If thats directed at me, then sorry but I'm off to bed.

You'll play better without me anyway.

Forum Links
Forum Rules