I'm not quite sure of a good way to describe this...
Here's a play-by-play
1. My external usb drive (formatted exfat by the mac) has files/folders A, B, C, and both computers R/W them
2. On my mac, I copy file D to the drive, so now it's A, B, C, D
3. Now on win10, it shows as A, B, C, but no D. I try hitting the "refresh" in explorer, and create a new folder, but file D is still invisible.
4. Move the drive back to the Mac, and it says A, B, C, D, and the new folder that win10 created.
5. Now move it back to win10 again, and now A, B, C, D and new folder are finally visible.
What is happening here? Or what's a good keyword to search for?