Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > 3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT!

3 exciting new Gamecube games coming up! NOT! (Page 13)
Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
Yeah.... im pissed off that they pushed its release even further. i reckon they are trying to add the revolution control to the game so, unlike conker(due to the media difference) Zelda will be cross compatible with the NGC and NRS. it's a good idea imo especially since the NRS can take GCN discs.

I loved conker by the way..and i would have gladly purchased it for my Cube. (if it's not on the NIntendo Game Store, i might just have to get an N64 to play that one game).
They seem to be insisting that it is a GameCube game and not for revolution.

At any rate I loved Conkers also, even got it for Xbox (wasn't half as good as I remember).

Anywho, by the time Zelda ships Xbox 360 will have been out for a year and on Second gen games, also people will be more interested in the PS3 and Revolution.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
They seem to be insisting that it is a GameCube game and not for revolution.

At any rate I loved Conkers also, even got it for Xbox (wasn't half as good as I remember).

Anywho, by the time Zelda ships Xbox 360 will have been out for a year and on Second gen games, also people will be more interested in the PS3 and Revolution.
Yeah thats why i reckon there will be some tie in with the revolution. i mean lets face it...it's Zelda, it's gonna sell like hot cakes anyway.

That way, ppl who dont have a cube, wont get one, and will opt for the NRS to play the game, and those with cubes will buy the game game anyway. either way, it'll sell.

As far as Conker....wasnt as good the second time around eh ? i guess a lot of the 'charm' on the first came from being surprised and delighted at the levels, voices and gameplay. And all they seem to have done was bump the graphics up treamondously for the XB. And i gotta admit, if i had to choose the preetiest game for this past gen, it'll have to be Conker on the XB. but, id still prefer to play the N64 version, just cause it was the first version i saw and it'll be cheaper for me to get a hold of

Daveecee
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2006, 02:53 AM

Zelda will definitely be a GCN game. However, the fact that they have now delayed the release until around the same period of time the Revolution is going to be released, you can bet that they'll use it to sell more Revolutions. It will have added features on the Rev, after all.

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 05:43 PM

Sorry, what was all the bitching by the fanboys that everyone copies Nintendo? Seems they get their influence from someone else....

http://gonintendo.com/?p=920

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
As far as Conker....wasnt as good the second time around eh ? i guess a lot of the 'charm' on the first came from being surprised and delighted at the levels, voices and gameplay. And all they seem to have done was bump the graphics up treamondously for the XB.
No, it really really wasn't. The first time around it was shock value and different, but the game feels really slow.

They did add more than just better graphics to the XB version. They added new baddies, different ways to get by areas (like the gargoyle) and the audio isn't compressed.

Either way I was really disappointed as the camera is really bad and the whole gameplay seems really dated.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 20, 2006, 08:16 PM

Sorry, what was all the bitching by the fanboys that everyone copies Nintendo? Seems they get their influence from someone else....

[snip]
Am I supposed to be upset my Nintendo hardware matches my computer?

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough to be upset.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
Am I supposed to be upset my Nintendo hardware matches my computer?

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough to be upset.
Not at all but you are admitting they copy. Apple should be the one upset.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 20, 2006, 08:42 PM

Not at all but you are admitting they copy. Apple should be the one upset.
By copy you mean... the colors match.... for systems that come in multiple colors?
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 09:58 PM

Cool. even more similarities with Apple. this article ->gameindustry.biz delves deeper, and points out the underpinning philosophies of both companies and how similar they are in their respective markets.

I love Apple's industrial design, so it comes as no surprise that i love Nintendo's as well

In my opinion, unlike Microsoft or Sony who just copy anything and everything, Nintendo, like Apple innovates in their space and bring a lot of new ideas to the table.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 21, 2006, 04:25 AM

What is worng if Iwata likes Macs?

Isn't this cool?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 21, 2006, 01:06 PM

Nintendo is a huge Macintosh company. I know at least their American headquarters is mostly Mac based. I had a few friends who worked there.

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 01:07 PM

I took the fanboy test with the following results:

Nintendo Fanboy: 52%
Sony Fanboy: 47%
Microsoft Fanboy: 38%

http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/take.php?id=1256

"Barwaraaawww"

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by I Bent My Wookiee
I took the fanboy test with the following results:

Nintendo Fanboy: 52%
Sony Fanboy: 47%
Microsoft Fanboy: 38%

http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/take.php?id=1256
Wow, this test now converts all of your useless contributions to gaming threads worthwhile! What were we thinking?

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MindFad
Wow, this test now converts all of your useless contributions to gaming threads worthwhile! What were we thinking?
Love to hear your results.

Actually it totally backs up what I have been saying all along. I am not a fanboy to any system.

You on the other hand have NEVER contributed anything to these discussions only posting your hilarious "3 more pages" and critique of my posts.

"Barwaraaawww"

Dakar
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2006, 02:09 PM

Because I'm bored:

Nintendo Fanboy: 46%
Sony Fanboy: 44%
Microsoft Fanboy: 18%

I think the Nintendo part is a bit overinflated, but otherwise, accurate.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2006, 03:41 PM

Nintendo Fanboy: 55%
Sony Fanboy: 8%
Microsoft Fanboy: 23%

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 03:50 PM

So in other words if any of you guys call ME a fanboy again you're going to get a beating.

"Barwaraaawww"

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 21, 2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by I Bent My Wookiee
So in other words if any of you guys call ME a fanboy again you're going to get a beating.
You're the one with the overall highest fanboy rating.

For me:

This means you're: Somewhat Fanboy

What does it mean?

Well, you like Nintendo the best, but you aren't in love with them. Guess you're really not in love with video games period... or at least you're not obsessed with them. Which may not be a bad thing.

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
You're the one with the overall highest fanboy rating.

For me:

This means you're: Somewhat Fanboy

What does it mean?

Well, you like Nintendo the best, but you aren't in love with them. Guess you're really not in love with video games period... or at least you're not obsessed with them. Which may not be a bad thing.
No, the poll clearly said to me "You are not a fanboy and accept all systems". Since my numbers are pretty much equal it would seem to back that up.

I am only 3% less of a Nintendo fanboy than you yet you say I hate nintendo.

"Barwaraaawww"

Dakar
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2006, 04:24 PM

I would say once you get more than 15% over/under 50% you're heading into fanboy/anti-fanboy territory.

So by that standard, I'm an anti-Microsoft fanboy, and GoMac is anti-Microsoft and really anti-Sony.

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
So by that standard, I'm an anti-Microsoft fanboy, and GoMac is anti-Microsoft and really anti-Sony.
Pretty much what I was saying from day one. One of those unfortunate people who think they can only have ONE system and HATE everything else just because it doesn't have a Nintendo label on it.

"Barwaraaawww"

Forum Links
Forum Rules