Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > need Guide to install optical drive in Quick Silver

need Guide to install optical drive in Quick Silver
pmg4lktan
Forum Regular
Apr 13, 2006, 07:16 AM

hi guys ...

anyone know where i can get an illustrated guide to install an optical drive to my Quick Silver? the one at xlr8yourmac.com doesn't cover my machine ... many thanks ...
( Last edited by pmg4lktan; Apr 20, 2006 at 10:25 AM. )
Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

spork
Apr 13, 2006, 09:04 AM

this link from xlr8yourmac.com gives a pretty good idea and the process will be basically the same even on newer QS machines. The process is pretty easy. remove some screws and a few connectors.
If that doesn't help enough. I have a PDF file with bunches of info about G4 machines up to the first quicksilvers. get in touch and I can email it.
http://www.dvdcreation.com/2001/08_a...a03install.htm
Mini Intel Core Duo 1.66, 1.5ram, super, 17" CRT Cinema Display, Intuos 3 tablet
G4 PB 1ghz 15", 60gb, 256ram, super, Wifi

pmg4lktan  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 13, 2006, 09:07 AM

thanks for your reply ...

cool! would like to get the PDF ... my email is pmg4lktan [at] mac [dot] com ... thanks ...
Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

mountainash
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2006, 08:58 PM

There are video installation guides for all the Power Mac G4s at OWC. The link is:

http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_cente...directory.html
Power Mac G4 Digital Audio 533MHz 1.5GiB RAM, 2x 80Gb ATA HDDs, 320Gb SATA HDD, Radeon 9650 256MiB, Airport Extreme compatible PCI card, Zip 250, Pioneer 110, Firewire DVD burner, 21" CRT, Harmon Kardon Apple Pro Speakers, OS X 10.4.6
Powerbook Pismo G3 400MHz, 768MiB RAM, 80Gb HDD, AirPort Extreme PC Card, Bluetooth 1.1, DVD-ROM, OS X 10.4.6, Ubuntu 5.10, MacOS 9.2.2
To buy: RAM for Pismo, CPU upgrades

pmg4lktan  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2006, 10:28 AM

guys ... i think you've got me wrong ... i'm actually looking for the mod ...

what i want is ... the guide to modify my Quick Silver so that the 3.5" bay belo the 5.25" one can be use for optical drive ... the link at here doesn't work anymore ...

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/action...=33835&-search

thanks in advance!
Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Forum Links
Forum Rules