Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > JBL On Stage III (iPhone compatible speaker) availability?

JBL On Stage III (iPhone compatible speaker) availability?
Snice
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2008, 11:37 AM

I've been waiting for this product to be released here in the US. I've seen that the On Stage 200ID recently became available at the Apple online store but I'm holding out for the more compact On Stage 3. Any ideas when it will become available stateside?

Snice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2008, 11:37 AM

I found the On Stage III at Best Buy last night, but discovered that JBL has released two versions of the On Stage III. There is the plain On Stage III (JBLOS3P2BLKV) which is NOT iPhone-compatible and the On Stage IIIP (JBLOS3PIPBLKV) which IS iPhone-compatible. AFAIK Best Buy is only selling the On Stage III but has it mislabelled in their online store as the On Stage IIIP, so make sure of what you're actually buying.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2008, 05:04 PM

I saw one at the Apple Store and the demo unit had an iPhone on it. However, I had to push the iPhone pretty hard in order to make it fit and passthru to the JBL speaker. Overall, it is decent.

Snice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2008, 12:15 PM

Both versions of the On Stage III will accept an iPhone and are visually difficult to distinguish. Only the On Stage IIIP is shielded against cellular radio interference and will not give you the annoying "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" message.

Has anyone seen the IIIP on sale yet at any US retailers?

redchef
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2008, 10:09 AM

I also have yet to see this anywhere, but would love to hear about it when it does.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 28, 2008, 11:47 AM

I'm a fan of iLuv docks.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Snice  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2008, 03:43 PM

I just bought one of these at the Apple store. I guess they've been available for a while there. Odd that they don't seem to be available online anywhere, including the online Apple store.

Forum Links
Forum Rules