Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Photo essay shows Pres. Bush owns an iPod

Photo essay shows Pres. Bush owns an iPod (Page 2)
Twilly Spree
Senior User
Feb 21, 2005, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by JohnSmithXTREME:
How do you know that? There's a picture that's been around since his days as Texas Governor showing a PowerBook at his desk. To say that he's never ever owned any type of Apple computer at all is a bit of a broad claim.
Maybe I'm his brother?

JohnSmithXTREME
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 21, 2005, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by Twilly Spree:
Maybe I'm his brother?
I doubt Jeb would have "twilly spree" as his handle. It would probably be something much more like "boring_oaf" or "mum's_favourite"

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2005, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Twilly Spree:
Ahem.

GWB: I guess I'm not supposed to be talking about brands, but since Michael Dell is my good friend and Dell is a Texas company, I'm the owner of a Dell computer.

*snip pic*

The Mac on the photo you posted? Not his. It belonged to one of his campaign staffers, and he was merely posing with it for the photo.
And you know this how? He may currently use a Dell, but that does not mean he always used a Dell. It's just more politically popular for him now.

Burke
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2005, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by JHromadka:
And you know this how? He may currently use a Dell, but that does not mean he always used a Dell. It's just more politically popular for him now.
Especially when said Dell computer was most likely free.

JohnSmithXTREME
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 24, 2005, 04:00 PM

for those still wondering:
Engadget:

We already knew that President Bush had an iPod, but c�mon, weren�t you just a little curious to know what he had on there? Laura Bush admitted that she never touches the stuff, but W. said in an interview with the AP that he rocks out to Creedence Clearwater Revival (whether he has �Fortunate Son� on there or not isn�t specified), George Jones, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Aaron Neville, and Van Morrison on his iPod. Which sounds, ehhh, about right to us.

Forum Links
Forum Rules