Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > How do I go about Bootcamp-AutoCAD

How do I go about Bootcamp-AutoCAD
mablues
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2010, 05:15 PM

I have Mac OS x 10.5.8 - I want to run AutoCAD using bootcamp. Does anyone have experience doing this? If so - are you pleased with the results? Any thoughts, recommendations?
Thanks

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2010, 05:26 PM

Welcome to MacNN,
I've moved your thread to Alternative OS.

Boot Camp is a package that consists of a utility to partition the hard drive and the drivers you will need after you have loaded Windows. Once Windows is installed, it's no different than running a normal HP or Toshiba laptop with Windows.
You use the Boot Camp Assistant to resize your Leopard partition and create a new partition that can be used to install Windows on. You then can choose to boot either Mac OS X or Windows.

Required operating systems:
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or greater
Windows Vista (upgrading to service pack 2 after installation is recommended)
Windows 7

Once Windows is installed, everything works as it would on a standard PC, you may wish to add a mouse with two buttons to make right clicking more convenient. Anti-malware protection and the normal caution when browsing the web is required.

hart
Senior User
Jul 26, 2010, 02:49 PM

I've been using 3DStudio Max (also an Autodesk 3D product) both 2008 and 2010 in Vista using Fusion on a late 2008 imac without complaints. I would think running in Bootcamp would work great.

Forum Links
Forum Rules