Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Pool: Is Subego a Trump Supporter?

Pool: Is Subego a Trump Supporter?
subego
Clinically Insane
Mar 8, 2018, 01:05 PM

Feel free to answer “yes”. It’s why I asked.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2018, 03:35 PM

No but you could easily be mistaken for one since you spend more time defending him than criticizing him. You are more provoked by how he is treated or seen than by what he does or says. You give him the benefit of the doubt more than he deserves.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 8, 2018, 04:26 PM

This is what I did with Hillary, right?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 8, 2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
No but you could easily be mistaken for one since you spend more time defending him than criticizing him. You are more provoked by how he is treated or seen than by what he does or says. You give him the benefit of the doubt more than he deserves.
He's stuck in a room full of people that are either consciously or subconsciously looking for things to hate about Trump. He doesn't have to criticize Trump, the rest of us do plenty of that. Subego is trying to find a reasonable middle ground between the Liberal Machine's constant attacks on Trump's every word, tweet, and cough, and his own internal compass.

I would imagine that if subego was in a room full of staunch Trump supporters, we'd see a different reaction.

Subego, yell at me if I'm misrepresenting you.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Mar 8, 2018, 06:05 PM

Also, splish splash.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
This is what I did with Hillary, right?
Post election. If i were to describe the difference between pre and post election subego when it comes to Trump, it'd be like coming to terms with your impending death. Mostly calm.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 8, 2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
He's stuck in a room full of people that are either consciously or subconsciously looking for things to hate about Trump. He doesn't have to criticize Trump, the rest of us do plenty of that. Subego is trying to find a reasonable middle ground between the Liberal Machine's constant attacks on Trump's every word, tweet, and cough, and his own internal compass.

I would imagine that if subego was in a room full of staunch Trump supporters, we'd see a different reaction.

Subego, yell at me if I'm misrepresenting you.
So basically a real-life demonstration of the Overton Window in action.

Perhaps I'm being concerned with 'virtue signaling' but if someone agrees with what's being said 50% (number made-up) of the time but only voices their opinion the 50% of the time they disagree with you, I don't think it's the observer's fault for misinterpreting the data being presented.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2018, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
So basically a real-life demonstration of the Overton Window in action.

Perhaps I'm being concerned with 'virtue signaling' but if someone agrees with what's being said 50% (number made-up) of the time but only voices their opinion the 50% of the time they disagree with you, I don't think it's the observer's fault for misinterpreting the data being presented.
Ooooh... this is funny.

I’m the one concerned with virtue signaling. As in I get 40 lashes every time I catch myself doing it. I steadfastly refuse to go there when pleading my case. It sinks or swims based on its merits, not mine.

God dammit. I just did it.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2018, 02:02 AM

I want to say the above doesn’t invalidate your observation about who’s responsible for the misinterpretation. It’s on me to adjust my presentation to make up for what it’s otherwise missing.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2018, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Subego, yell at me
HOW DARE YOU SPLASH ME!

The observation is correct, though.

There are some bits I want to add, but I need a little time to put it all into words.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 9, 2018, 10:50 AM

Here's a relevant question: Would I find your arguments any less frustrating if you were more vocal about dissing Trump?

I doubt it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
It sinks or swims
Come on now.

andi*pandi
Mar 9, 2018, 12:44 PM

Subego has said he's not a trump supporter but yet seems forgiving of Trump.

Should he know better? Does it matter that he should? Why should anyone criticize him for it, when there are worse things?

/quoting the other thread. ;')

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Subego has said he's not a trump supporter but yet seems forgiving of Trump.

Should he know better? Does it matter that he should? Why should anyone criticize him for it, when there are worse things?

/quoting the other thread. ;')
The contrast here is I actually care about whether I unnecessarily antagonize people, and seek to repair the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules