Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > application won't quit

application won't quit
sylwester
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2003, 04:08 PM

i have a g3 powerbook running os 9.2.2 with 320mb ram. I have recently installed lotus notes and it's connected to a domino server. It runs fine a bit slow, but I'm not complaining. The problem is the application won't quit unless foce quit. I have re-installed the system software, the notes software, rebuilt the desktop numerous times and trashed a few prefrences here and there. The problem occurs with virtual memory on or off.
Any ideas?

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2003, 12:17 PM

Have you tried zapping the PRAM? (Hold Command+Option+P+R at startup until your hear 3 chimes.)
Other than that, I would try making an AppleScript to quit the program. It likely won't work, but you could always try:
Code:
Tell application "Lotus Notes" quit End tell
If it's a problem with the app this AppleScript might work.

Brad

sylwester  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 11, 2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by bradoesch:
Have you tried zapping the PRAM? (Hold Command+Option+P+R at startup until your hear 3 chimes.)
Other than that, I would try making an AppleScript to quit the program. It likely won't work, but you could always try:
Code:
Tell application "Lotus Notes" quit End tell
If it's a problem with the app this AppleScript might work.

Brad
Tried the applescript and the PRAM and of course nothing. The freeze on quit occurs after all the windows are closed and I'm left with the little watch. The application just runs a bit buggy anyway, should I consider re-installing it elsewhere on the cpu as the application folder is tucked away within a few other folders on this computer?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 12, 2003, 03:50 PM

Definitely reinstall the application -- that's one of the first things to try for such an application specific issue.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules