Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I love...

I love...
Draco
Nov 27, 2003, 06:28 PM

my 12" Powerbook. And I love Panther.

I want a G5... what has happened to me I've been a die-hard PC user for years.

If Apple could only harness the gaming support that the PC community has. OH well, I'll keep my PC for games.

Hopefully I'll feel the same about my Powerbook a year from now after it's hard a lot of regular use. So far, it's great.

javabeans
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2003, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Draco:

If Apple could only harness the gaming support that the PC community has. OH well, I'll keep my PC for games.

Hopefully I'll feel the same about my Powerbook a year from now after it's hard a lot of regular use. So far, it's great.
I'm glad you enjoy it. I bought my 17" Rev. A PB (also my first Mac ever) back in April and I've been enjoying it....like you i also want a G5 but it will be a while before I get it. I need to save up. I also got my g/f into Mac and now she's doing all of her presentations using Keynote on her 12" PB!
PB.17.1Ghz - iPod.10G

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2003, 07:18 PM

Yeah, people thought I was nuts when I switched. But I'm so glad I did. And after using my PowerBook for a year, I have only grown to love it more. You could even say ADDICTED TO IT! I think I'm experiencing PowerBook withdrawal after selling my PB last month.

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 27, 2003, 10:51 PM

I have the same warm feeling in my heart as you guys, times two... I had planned to buy a G5, and did a couple months ago, a 1.6 to replace my aging but faithful B&W upgraded to a 600mhz G4. I bought it thru the Apple Education store, so I feel (a little) less bad about the recent price drop. Not too long after I got the whole thing set up in its new desk and evertyhing, a guy at work was looking to sell his rev. A 17" PowerBook. At $1500 I could not pass it up, so now I have this wireless wonder, and the beauty of the G5. According to MacAddict from a month or two ago, I now have the 'ultimate' Mac home set up (Dual G5 notwithstanding). IPod there, Palm over there, 19" LCD on the G5 with the PowerBook charging next to it... complete and total geek bliss....

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 27, 2003, 10:52 PM

Although I do have to say, my bliss has beeen marred slightly by SimCity 4's refusal to run correctly under Panther (on the G5 only though). Oh well, fuggit... Panther is so nice otherwise...

javabeans
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2003, 11:40 PM

Originally posted by MichiganRich:
I have the same warm feeling in my heart as you guys, times two... I had planned to buy a G5, and did a couple months ago, a 1.6 to replace my aging but faithful B&W upgraded to a 600mhz G4. I bought it thru the Apple Education store, so I feel (a little) less bad about the recent price drop. Not too long after I got the whole thing set up in its new desk and evertyhing, a guy at work was looking to sell his rev. A 17" PowerBook. At $1500 I could not pass it up, so now I have this wireless wonder, and the beauty of the G5. According to MacAddict from a month or two ago, I now have the 'ultimate' Mac home set up (Dual G5 notwithstanding). IPod there, Palm over there, 19" LCD on the G5 with the PowerBook charging next to it... complete and total geek bliss....
Wow..that's cool! Btw, $1500 is a steal for the PB 17". How did it make out?
PB.17.1Ghz - iPod.10G

jamester
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2003, 12:36 AM

Let me join the adoration. I bought my 12" PB 1Ghz RevB just this past Tuesday, and despite some wireless woes, I really adore it. It's a great machine. My wife now uses my G3 600 iBook, and claims to like it just fine (even though it's no Powerbook.)

There aren't many computers I'd still like when I have trouble accessing the internet, hehe. This is one of them.
2.4GHz Macbook. 22" LCD. External 640GB HD. Yum.

Hannah W
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2003, 01:31 AM

When I switched, every male I know thought I was a "Stupid Blonde" for "falling for Apple's marketing tricks". I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

javabeans
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2003, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by Hannah W:
When I switched, every male I know thought I was a "Stupid Blonde" for "falling for Apple's marketing tricks". I'm glad I didn't listen to them.
They're just zealous that you have something real sexy!
PB.17.1Ghz - iPod.10G

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 28, 2003, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by Hannah W:
They're really just jealous of your computer and your hair.

tooki

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2003, 11:56 AM

I love my PB too. It's become a part of me. I take it with me wherever I go...iPhoto and iTunes are incredible to have around when you're alone on a business trip.

One thing that I really love about my PB (OS X in general, really), is how I'm CONSTANTLY finding new ways to customize it. Themes, icons, desktop wallpaper...it's like having a new computer every time I play with things.

Originally posted by Draco:

The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Draco  (op)
Nov 28, 2003, 02:22 PM

Oh yeah, and I love my iPod too. I've had the 10gb for over a year and it's proven to be worth every penny.

threestain
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 02:29 PM

I love my Tibook too. Its sleeps next to my ipod and is the centre of my room.

Joyously it also irritates the hell out of my flatmates for just working and not doing wrong things. Except when it took over the windows network here and renamed it "Utopia". And it won't disappear. It now taunts them!

anaphora68
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 29, 2003, 10:37 AM

Haha that's excellent! Utopia?

Commodus
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 02:07 PM

I like my PowerBook; I've only had two laptops since I started using them, but my experience has been great. The system has advantages that I know most other laptops can't touch (like the size in relation to the display, the instant sleep/wake, and so on). The only thing I'm wondering is as to whether or not my next update will be another laptop, or else a PowerMac.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

beachmark
Forum Regular
Nov 29, 2003, 09:38 PM

In 1989 I learned to work with a pc. I got a full time course for six months and knew still little about it.

Then only three days after finalizing the course i got a job and had to work with a one piece computer that had a logo with a rainbow in it. Ever since that day i work with Apple and despite the factthat i had to turn down job offers because they demanded me to work with pcs that i denied to do i have not regretted my decision ever.

For me Apple is the only way for me on the electronic highway.

Okay I might not be able all computer games but then again I can edit movies, make music, and much more that pcs only getting nowadays whilst i am already doing it for years.

I have always found of apples as in a fruit and now in my electronic life as well
g.r.e.e.t.i.n.g.s
mark ®
hanging out in san francisco - wellington - cape town (or in between)
Powerbook 17 inch MacOS 10.4.3Eng • Palm E2 • Motorola Razr • iPod Flash 1Gb • iPod mini 2nd-4Gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules