Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Trouble with attachments

Trouble with attachments
Zordab
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 03:30 PM

I am having a bit of trouble sending my resume as an attachment. I have just got Apple Works 6 and I put my Res in WordWin 6.0 format and also RTF but I run a test and send them to myself and they won't open right. They come up as a mess in some sort of programming language or won't open at all. I'm using email in Mozzila WamCom and have also tried Outlook 5 with same results. I think I'm attaching them correctly, I mean there's not much too it.
Can't understand why it doesn't work right. I'm using OS 9.1 on iMac. Thanks for any advice.

dhamon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 05:02 PM

Email often corrupts files if they are not encoded correctly. It's like how images won't display on windows if you FTP in the wrong mode. This is hard to fix in an email program, but you can try sending it as a zip, which should not be corrupted.

cpac
Professional Poster
Jan 23, 2004, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by dhamon:
Email often corrupts files if they are not encoded correctly. It's like how images won't display on windows if you FTP in the wrong mode. This is hard to fix in an email program, but you can try sending it as a zip, which should not be corrupted.
You may also want to make sure that Appleworks saved your resume in .rtf/word correctly.

For .rtf try opening it in SimpleText - does it look right?

Same using Word if you have it...

FWIW if you know somebody with an OS X machine, you should have them save it as a .pdf for you - then the formatting can't get screwed up.
cpac

Forum Links
Forum Rules