Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Moving Sale! iMac, camcorder, iBook parts, etc!

Moving Sale! iMac, camcorder, iBook parts, etc!
acorder
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2008, 08:39 PM

My wife and I are moving across the country in one month, so it's time to start cleaning out closets and downsizing my piles of computer stuff. Offers will be taken but not necessarily accepted for pretty much everything below. I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff as the days go on. Prices follow descriptions; prices in (parentheses) are shipping costs, which of course may be combined if you purchase multiple things, or eliminated if you can pick up from the Portland, OR area. There is absolutely no need to make silly comments about how you feel about prices. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. You don't have to buy anything, and you're very welcome to submit an offer. I was under username marcuscorder until my password decided not to work and lost access to my account. eBay feedback is under ancorder. Items will ship from zip code 97045. Here we go:

20" iMac Core Duo-- 2GHz, 250GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, 256MB Radeon X1600 graphics, Superdrive, original box and documentation included. $950 ($40)

Apple Newton Messagepad 2100-- original, NOT an upgraded 2000. Included is the titanium stylus I bought as a new part off eBay. Also have modem card, 4MB memory card, PC connectivity cable, and a second never-before-used titanium stylus. $100 ($10)

Newton MessagePad 2000-- this one is temperamental. It works great, but only if the battery compartment is not clicked all the way in. Weird, but quite usable. I no longer have the battery tray or the flip cover for the screen for this. $45 ($5)

Brother MFC-3240c 3-in-1 machine-- I just spent $60 buying brand new ink cartridges for this, then my in-laws got me a laser printer for Christmas. Go figure. $50 ($18)

Iomega 100MB Zip drive-- external USB w/power adapter, no USB cable, approx ten Zip disks included. $15 ($6)

Gigantic tub of iBook parts-- literally a three-foot-long, foot-deep, eighteen-inch-wide plastic tub of iBook parts. Most of them are from three dual-usb version iBooks, including two logic boards (one 500MHz, one 600MHz), a couple of 12" screen, plastic cases of several machines, internal components (modems, cd drives, internal structures, etc.) of two or three machines, the entirety of a 300MHz iBook (blue) that took a fall down the stairs which broke the screen and cracked the case plastics and hinge, a complete printout of Apple's take-apart service guide for the iBook, and probably some other stuff that I can't recall without digging through the tub. I know there are two external drive enclosures (one I know is of the Oxford 911 variety). This is literally a bounty of parts. Take note: all of this stuff was either working in my possession or reported working when I bought it but I didn't test it. But it has been almost two years since I put the tub of parts in a closet, so I cannot guarantee that it's all in working condition. It might all be, some of it might not be. Also, this is really heavy. I'm *really* not interested in parting this out, as my whole goal is to get rid of all of it. So please don't ask me for one thing or another. You'll get a heck of a deal if you just nab the whole thing. $150 ($50)

Sega Dreamcast--works great, two controllers, a couple of memory cards, and several sports games. $25 ($5)

Sharp VL-WD255 MiniDV camcorder-- works perfectly, hardly ever used, original documentation, battery, charger, tapes, and Firewire cable included. $150 ($15)

Other stuff will probably come up, so check back. PMs are great, or you can send me an e-mail at acorder AT gmail DOT com.

Cheers!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 1, 2008, 08:46 PM

Do you happen to have any pictures of the 2100?
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2008, 09:19 PM

I can take a couple and e-mail them to you. What's your address?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 1, 2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by acorder View Post
I can take a couple and e-mail them to you. What's your address?
colin dot cornaby (at) mac dot com
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2008, 03:46 AM

Pictures sent!

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 15, 2008, 08:43 AM

Tub of iBook parts has been sold! Zip drive also gone. All other items still available. Offers encouraged!
( Last edited by acorder; Jan 15, 2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Inserted "parts")

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 17, 2008, 09:55 PM

where ya movin'?
please cook my steak again
je suis american

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2008, 12:38 AM

To Virginia Beach, VA. And I hope I don't have to take all this stuff with me!

Both Newtons for $110 shipped

Camcorder $150 shipped

kretara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2008, 11:11 AM

PM sent

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2008, 01:08 PM

WOW! From Oregon to Va, that's a hella drive. Welcome to the Commonwealth of Virginia, hope you're a Republican.

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2008, 04:35 PM

Haha. Thanks, I think. Aren't there only four commonwealths in the US? I'll have to study up on my east coast factoids.

Newtons sold pending payment.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by acorder View Post
Haha. Thanks, I think. Aren't there only four commonwealths in the US? I'll have to study up on my east coast factoids.

Newtons sold pending payment.
This is the ONLY commonwealth left, the other 49 are states, I think it's about time Va realizes this. If you are moving to Va. Beach you must be in the miitary.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2008, 05:52 PM

What part of Portland are you in and how much longer do I have before you move?

davedecay
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 18, 2008, 06:10 PM

PA is a Commonwealth.
PA PowerPort

Is the DV camcorder capable of functioning as a bridge? (analog to digital)

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by loveanh View Post
This is the ONLY commonwealth left, the other 49 are states, I think it's about time Va realizes this. If you are moving to Va. Beach you must be in the miitary.
Or not.

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2008, 06:33 PM

goMac-

We'll be gone by next Wednesday. The sooner I can get rid of my stuff, though, the better.

woods1110
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2008, 10:56 PM

you have pm

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2008, 02:16 AM

iMac has been sold.

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2008, 05:56 PM

Last day to buy! Surely someone wants a Dreamcast shipped to their front door for $20?

kretara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2008, 05:41 PM

The newton's arrived as stated.
THANKS!!!

acorder  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2008, 06:57 PM

No problem, glad you like them! Isn't that a sweet stylus? I actually bought an extra one on eBay for my wife's Nintendo DS

Forum Links
Forum Rules