Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iphone 3g battery won't charge

iphone 3g battery won't charge
maple05
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2009, 06:29 PM

Hi,
I have a 3g iphone jailbroken with 2.0 firmware.A couple of days ago my daughter was playing some games on it.Later I decided to put it on charge.The next day I say the battery was still low and slowly it lost all its charge.Now when I power it on It shows low power and plugin.But after plugging it in nothing happens no charging screen.Cannot go into Dfu mode also.Itunes does not recognise the iphone.Have tried alternate USB cable on wall on PC and in the car.
Still under warrany but cannot take it into Apple as jailbroken. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks all.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2009, 07:53 PM

I had the same problem with a non-jailbroken 3.0. It was a hardware problem and Apple exchanged the phone with no hassle.

What I would do is let the phone power down completely, then drop by the Apple store and describe the problem. They will try and power it up and when that doesn't work will, if my experience is anything to go by, just replace the phone.

thewebdrives
Sep 23, 2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by maple05 View Post
Hi,
I have a 3g iphone jailbroken with 2.0 firmware.A couple of days ago my daughter was playing some games on it.Later I decided to put it on charge.The next day I say the battery was still low and slowly it lost all its charge.Now when I power it on It shows low power and plugin.But after plugging it in nothing happens no charging screen.Cannot go into Dfu mode also.Itunes does not recognise the iphone.Have tried alternate USB cable on wall on PC and in the car.
Still under warrany but cannot take it into Apple as jailbroken. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks all.
I had the same problem with my unlocked iphone. I took my wife's hair dryer and blew hot air into the earphones and charger socket for a few mins and then left it under ceiling fan for a few hours. Believe me, it worked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules