Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Save current Candy Bar Setup

Save current Candy Bar Setup
zack13532
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 20, 2008, 11:52 PM

I'm using Candy Bar 3 and love it so far, but I just downloaded a set of icons that I want to use as a full system icons replacement, so I would like to save all the current icons I have set (from various different places) as a single collection or icontainer or something like that. Anyone know how I can achieve this? It seems like it should be obvious (and maybe it is )

voo
Forum Regular
Aug 21, 2008, 01:21 PM

Did you get it sorted?

Ugh this is murder getting pages to load, anyway.

If not... It is simple, once you've put all the icons in the placeholders/wells, File "save as icontainer." Drop menu comes down -> drop box icons: system icons, check the box include application icons if you have some applied in there as well. Unless you've not got a dock applied, set that part to none.

Then you can just apply the icontainer file whenever you feel.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Aug 21, 2008, 02:39 PM

Sounds pretty easy. I may have to try this sometime, thanks Voo

zack13532  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2008, 01:08 PM

Well, that should be it, right now it seems like candy bar is bugging out and not actually saving anything, but oh well. I will probably get it to work at some point, thanks for the info!
EDIT: It's saving it now, but whenever I reopen it in candy bar, it doesn't show any icons in the icontainer. Keep in mind that I'm not using a single collection, I'm trying to save all the icons that I have set, but I guess that is what you're trying to tell me to do...
EDIT2: I went back to the save as icontainer dialog, and I noticed that the save application checkbox is grayed out... Does this mean something?
EDIT3: When I set it to save my dock as well, that does show up when I reload it back into candy bar.
( Last edited by zack13532; Aug 23, 2008 at 01:46 PM. )

zack13532  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2008, 09:52 PM

Alright! Got it working, I have to choose "Selected Collection Icons" (Seems like that wouldn't do it, but it does), but I still can't save the app icons I've changed. Oh well, I didn't really care about that anyways.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Sep 5, 2008, 01:25 AM

Is there a way to back up all my icon collections? I remember I tried backing up the location in which all the icons are kept. And when I tried restoring them, they never showed. I'm probably just overlooking something. Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules