Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Screen black until computer sleeps in windows 7 beta

Screen black until computer sleeps in windows 7 beta
zack13532
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2009, 12:15 AM

I'm having a consistently recurring problem where my screen is black when I first boot up my Windows 7 boot camp partition, but becomes normal when I close the computer, open it back up, and wake it from sleep by pressing a key. Any ideas on how to fix this?

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 4, 2009, 06:47 AM

Can I assume you push some keys while the screen is black? It sounds like there's an issue with the video driver, but this is very much terra incognita since Win7 is still beta.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2009, 07:01 AM

Have you tried updating to the latest bootcamp drivers from Apple (2.1 I think).

What computer & generation of it do you have?

Windows 7 IS in beta, but I've found it to be VERY stable with the exception of loading drivers for some AV software.

zack13532  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2009, 12:14 PM

Well, it seems like I can operate the computer... with the exception that the screen is black. It works fine after closing it and opening it. Also, I had this same problem with a version of vista i had on my computer a while ago.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 4, 2009, 12:59 PM

I'd still vote graphics driver, we can't help you very much if you don't tell us what computer you have though.

zack13532  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2009, 07:29 PM

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I have a Unibody MacBook Pro 15.4" baseline specs. Normally I would provide a very detailed report, but no one every replies to those because they seem to be turned off by large amounts of text.

Forum Links
Forum Rules