Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacConnection feedback wanted

MacConnection feedback wanted
x
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 05:31 PM

The MacConnection TiBook SD offer seems to be the best deal for me. (CA no tax, $2999 1Gb RAM included)

Just wondering if anybody here has bought from them, and if there's been any problems.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2002, 05:38 PM

I've dealed with macconnection before.. no problems...

but you also have macwarehouse and maczone as options since you're in CA. or.. if you're a student you can get the student pricing at a local apple store and get in on the double memory too for $40.

or better yet, if you're a teacher... or know a teacher.. the discounts get better.

but back to macconnection... I've had no problems with them... but I have found that by calling back and forth between some of them, they will match prices and start throwing in more and more stuff.

good luck!

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2002, 06:00 PM

Originally posted by chipchen:
if you're a student you can get the student pricing at a local apple store and get in on the double memory too for $40.

or better yet, if you're a teacher... or know a teacher.. the discounts get better.
Actually students, faculty, and staff of schools get the same discount. It's the school institutional purchases that get the bigger discount.
Vandelay Industries

jjokerski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 06:03 PM

I purchased that config with an educator discount, and after tax it cost me $3 more than the Mac Connection deal.

truth_in_nyc
Nov 26, 2002, 06:32 PM

MacConnection was pretty good for me.

andrewbw
Nov 26, 2002, 06:37 PM

I've worked with PC/MacConnection as a business customer for about five years now, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've also had the same account rep that entire time, which is unheard of in this industry. Happy, long-term employees means happy, long-term customers.

I wouldn't hesitate, even if they cost a little bit more. The peace of mind you'll have dealing with a company that takes care of its customers makes up for saving a dollar or two.

-A.
I'm not wearing any pants.

x  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 26, 2002, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the responses guys.

My brother is a student and maybe he can buy me a powerbook as a "gift" but it might get complicated if I have to contact Apple for service. I'll check out Maczone. I didn't want to deal with MacWarehouse because they have installation fees for a printer and a 128Mb flash drive!??

The MacConnection deal sounds good to me. Anybody know what brand RAM they put in?

Macola
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2002, 07:14 PM

I've been buying from MacConnection exclusively for the past 3 years, after having a very, very negative experience with MacMall. I also used MacZone and MacWarehouse prior to switching, but MacConnection's service has been outstanding. I purchased my TiBook/400 from them (also got extra memory).

chromos
Forum Regular
Nov 26, 2002, 07:16 PM

I've used both MacConnection and MacZone, and I definitely prefer the courteous service I get from MacConnection. At the Zones they can be downright rude.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2002, 07:35 PM

I ordered my last Mac (a few months ago) from MacConnection... free RAM, games, and MYOB FirstEdge. Great deal, great shipping, great prices.

israces
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 26, 2002, 09:22 PM

MacConnection has been excellent to me. I'd have no problem suggesting them to anyone who is looking to buy a PowerBook.
Backup your Backup

Forum Links
Forum Rules