Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther and Dave Networking

Panther and Dave Networking
iBook2
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2003, 03:08 PM

Hey,
I just got Panther and it says that Dave 4.0 Networking is not compatible... does anyone know of another way to connect to a Dave Network without Dave 4.0? Please excuse my lack of knowledge. Any help would be great!

iBook2  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2003, 03:28 PM

For all that care... Thursby say they are going to offer a patch soon for Panther... Hopefully soon, as I use Dave a ton to access my work servers.

mftalon
Forum Regular
Oct 27, 2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by iBook2:
For all that care... Thursby say they are going to offer a patch soon for Panther... Hopefully soon, as I use Dave a ton to access my work servers.
Thursby released a patch for dave back on October 15th. It was v4.1p3. At the bottom of the list of fixes was listed support for Panther. I downloaded it and installed it. I upgraded to Panther and Dave seems to be working fine using the "connect to server" feature. However using the "Network Icon" in the finder uses Apples protocals and drops those .dstore files everywhere I go.

I just went back to Thursby's site and the patch is gone and a new listing for 4.1.1 coming soon is there.... Uh oh.. I hope my version is okay.
You have to wonder...
www.creativebush.com

Thursby
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2003, 09:31 AM

OK, we got bit by Apple between the time that we developed a patch for Panther betas and their final release. The patch was removed primarily because of this.

DAVE v4.1.1 is being posted this week and is being released specifically for Panther support.

-- Bill

Forum Links
Forum Rules