Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Warner Bros. intros day-after TV app for iOS devices

Warner Bros. intros day-after TV app for iOS devices
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Nov 16, 2012, 11:07 AM

Warner Bros. has introduced an iOS app (free, App Store) that enables users to view television shows the day after they initially air. Day After US currently offers episodes of The Big Bang Theory, Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries to stream via Wi-Fi or download directly to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, though each episode must be purchased individually or as part of a season pass.

The content is available in multiple languages, including subtitles or audio dubs, and users can access Twitter and Facebook updates. If users post a status update notifying friends of the app download, they can view a single episode for free. The first episode of the current season is also available for free, while earlier seasons can be purchased. Individual episodes cost $3 in SD resolution or $4 in HD quality. Season passes range from $25 to $44 depending on the particular series and resolution.

ebeyer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2012, 11:45 AM

Am I missing something? Why would I use this app when I could download the same episodes from iTunes for the same money?

Whiplash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Am I missing something? Why would I use this app when I could download the same episodes from iTunes for the same money?
Agreed! Everyone wants to re-invent the wheel but the leaders are already established: iTunes, Amazon & Netflix.

JohnFromBeyond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2012, 12:01 PM

Wow, $4 for an HD TV episode seems high. The going rate is $5 for an HD full length movie...

c4rlob
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2012, 12:49 PM

What planet are these execs on? they're offering episodes $1 above what they cost on iTunes. And they expect that to be a sustainable model?
I'm wondering if they wanted those prices as a condition to agree with an Apple TV app and Apple said heck no but we'll let you try it on iOS so you can see what a bad idea it is?

Geoduck
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2012, 12:56 PM

"Day After US currently offers episodes of The Big Band Theory, Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries to stream via Wi-Fi or download directly to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch,"

Big BAND Theory?
Docudrama about the Dorsey brothers maybe?
Though I did not know the place, I set out for the land of my dreams
When I arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2012, 02:48 PM

Lol!

It's a show about a bunch of musicians who are SWINGERS living in an apartment and trying to hook up with their hot neighbours ...
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Forum Links
Forum Rules