Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > looking for an old SE

looking for an old SE
luap82
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2000, 06:30 PM

does anyone have an old Mac SE, i need one and it doesnt even have to work, i dont need a keyboard, i dont think i need a mouse, all i want is basically the case. if anyone can help me out, i will pay for shipping and maybe throw in a couple of bucks to get that thing off your hands! remember, it does not have to be functional at all, as long as the outside is in good shape. thanks!
UND KEINE EIER

luap82  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2000, 07:54 PM

i can also use a Mac 512, Mac 128, Mac Plus, or Mac Classic but i would prefer an SE or SE/30.
UND KEINE EIER

Simon Kornblith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 17, 2000, 12:26 PM

If anyone wants to give me a computer for my collection, I'd be glad to take it. I'm looking for a Mac 128 and a Mac TV. For the original poster here, I might be able to get you and SE, but you'd have to pay shipping. It wouldn't be a working one.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

[This message has been edited by Simon Kornblith (edited 06-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Simon Kornblith (edited 06-17-2000).]

luap82  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 20, 2000, 02:53 PM

If you could get me an SE, does it have a mouse? i need a mouse and the power chord but no keyboard. the machine i think needs to at least have power, but nothing else. what is the zipcode you would ship from so i can figure out the shipping cost. its about 15lbs right? thanks,
luap
UND KEINE EIER

Simon Kornblith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2000, 10:08 PM

I couldn't get you a mouse or keyboard. I'm not even sure if I could get you a machine yet. I'll tell you when I find out.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

g4-guy
Jun 20, 2000, 11:34 PM

Try eBay. I've been very successful finding lots of computer equipment, including Mac, there.
PowerBook G4/800
Mac OS X 10.2.8
512MB RAM/40GB HD
Combo Drive, Airport Card

DewD
Jun 23, 2000, 12:57 PM

My cousin Randy Holbrook has the family hand-me-down SE30 sitting in his living room here in Cody Wyoming. He'd love to unload it. It has a CD-ROM external drive, an Imagewriter II printer, and a few other amenities. It works fine. Price is negotiable...I'm thinking it's all worth less than $ 75.00 going by current eBay listings. Quien sabe ?

E-mail him at :

[email protected]

Richie Daggers Crime
Jun 29, 2000, 01:04 PM

I have a cleaned out Mac Classic, if youre interested. The thing is totally stripped and the connector from the power supply to the monitor had been stretched and it broke the piece on the back of the monitor. Ill send it for you for shipping costs, if youre interested.

Forum Links
Forum Rules