Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Feature request: The opposite of 'ignore'.

Feature request: The opposite of 'ignore'.
Aeternus
Baninated
Aug 2, 2007, 12:46 PM

Is there anyway I could put certain members on a list, and they would be UNABLE to see my posts? It seems there are some troublemakers about these forums, and although they claim to hate me, they cannot stop themselves from responding to my every post, and starting fights all the time. If I could put them on some 'special ignore' list, then perhaps they would be unable to see my posts, and fights could be avoided.

Your thoughts?

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2007, 12:48 PM

While I find this intriguing, it won't work for the same reason the ignore feature fails -- quoted text will be readable.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 2, 2007, 12:57 PM

So? Until people quote what I say, they would be uanble to read it, and many problems would be avoidable.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 01:01 PM

I'd like someway to be able to ignore the quoted text of people who are on my ignore list. It's irritating to see them at all.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 2, 2007, 01:03 PM

Maybe that could be applied to this feature also.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2007, 02:28 PM

Rash ? Cob ?

Start your own forum.

Seriously.

-t

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 2, 2007, 02:41 PM

Take your own advice.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aeternus View Post
Your thoughts?
I hope the admin's thoughts are "I'm too busy."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2007, 03:14 PM

Take your own advice.
Uh…he's not the one who wants things to be different than they are. Starting your own forum is the best way to have things work by your rules.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Rumor
Aug 2, 2007, 03:20 PM

He does have a valid point though. Often I see certain members that jump into a thread he is participating in and begin to bait him, knowing that he will most likely fly off the handle, resulting in him being banned.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 2, 2007, 04:19 PM

So, is it firmly established that this is rob/cash?

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 04:20 PM

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
So, is it firmly established that this is rob/cash?
I can hear the gun cocking.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 2, 2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DakarĘ’ View Post
I can hear the gun cocking.
Should I be ducking/running for cover?

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2007, 04:24 PM

It's in your hands, so I doubt it.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2007, 05:09 PM

If you don't want certain people to read what you wrote, and you're hoping that no one will quote what you wrote so as to keep it concealed from your enemies, why not cease posting?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2007, 05:47 PM

IBB.

-t

Mel O. Drahmatik
Banned
Aug 2, 2007, 05:50 PM

This is an interesting and drama filled request. Nominate!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2007, 06:04 PM

I would like for there to be more purple on this board.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 12:48 AM

It's not drama filled. I am able to post here for months at a time without any problems until CERTAIN MEMBERS decide that just 'praying to jesus' isn't cutting it anymore, and they bait, harass, attack, and whine about getting me banned until it happens. Rinse, wash, repeat. I just think if I was able to put them on some 'super ignore list' (so they couldn't see my posts), it would solve the problem, since they are hell bent on NOT putting me on their ignore lists.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2007, 01:13 AM

Rob, what keeps you coming here? Seriously? Do you like me that much?

You have grievances with several members (and vice versa), you have grievances with several mods and how things are governed here, and you think this place is dying. Do you return because you feel that MacNN owes you some sort of apology? Blessing? Some attempt to right the wrongs of the past? Do you feel like MacNN is the only possible place on the internet where you can find some posters that you like that are willing to discuss subjects you care about?

Your persistence just doesn't make any logical sense to me.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2007, 02:16 AM

It's not drama filled. I am able to post here for months at a time without any problems until CERTAIN MEMBERS decide that just 'praying to jesus' isn't cutting it anymore, and they bait, harass, attack, and whine about getting me banned until it happens. Rinse, wash, repeat. I just think if I was able to put them on some 'super ignore list' (so they couldn't see my posts), it would solve the problem, since they are hell bent on NOT putting me on their ignore lists.
If you just could "hide" that you are Rob, then they wouldn't bait you.

But you somehow always end up spazzing out. It's at least mutual, you know.

-t

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Rob, what keeps you coming here?
It's a good mix of people, who, generally, I like, enjoy talking to, and get along fine with. There are just a few people who apparently have nothing better to do in their lives than to start fights with me. Why? I don't know.

Do you return because you feel that MacNN owes you some sort of apology?
As many mods and other members have pointed out, other members of this forum act far worse than me, yet do not get banned. I feel that I have been banned unjustly, and other people are allowed to treat me unfairly. When I defend myself, I'm the one that gets banned. I think that's BS, so I do not respect that decision, so I come back here as if nothing happened.

Do you feel like MacNN is the only possible place on the internet where you can find some posters that you like that are willing to discuss subjects you care about?
So far, yeah. I haven't found another forum I like much, at all.

Your persistence just doesn't make any logical sense to me.
I feel I am getting shafted when I get banned, because other members of this forum have done things far worse than I have, and are far more annoying. In the past year, I mainly post about cars, my projects that I've completed (which many people seem to enjoy), or questions asking for opinions on random things. That's about it. I don't feel my presence here creates any problems other than the members who have it out for me, and the newer members who have zero experience with me other than what those 'problem' members have said.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
If you just could "hide" that you are Rob, then they wouldn't bait you.

But you somehow always end up spazzing out. It's at least mutual, you know.

-t
I have done so in the past, but then there's something personal I feel like sharing, so I post photos or video to somethign where everybody knows it's me. Hiding isn't the answer. I think if I could either put them on a super ignore list so they couldn't see my posts, OR, the moderators would 'edit' problem users profiles to PUT me on THEIR ignore lists, there would be fewer issues.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2007, 02:38 PM

just 'praying to jesus' isn't cutting it anymore,
Comments like that do not help you any.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 03:21 PM

So what? It's:

1. The truth
2. Not against the rules.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2007, 03:52 PM

It's a good mix of people, who, generally, I like, enjoy talking to, and get along fine with. There are just a few people who apparently have nothing better to do in their lives than to start fights with me. Why? I don't know.

As many mods and other members have pointed out, other members of this forum act far worse than me, yet do not get banned. I feel that I have been banned unjustly, and other people are allowed to treat me unfairly. When I defend myself, I'm the one that gets banned. I think that's BS, so I do not respect that decision, so I come back here as if nothing happened.

So far, yeah. I haven't found another forum I like much, at all.

I feel I am getting shafted when I get banned, because other members of this forum have done things far worse than I have, and are far more annoying. In the past year, I mainly post about cars, my projects that I've completed (which many people seem to enjoy), or questions asking for opinions on random things. That's about it. I don't feel my presence here creates any problems other than the members who have it out for me, and the newer members who have zero experience with me other than what those 'problem' members have said.

Rob, you can solve all of these problems yourself. How? With a little restraint. IGNORE what is being said to you, let it go. It doesn't matter anyway what a bunch of random people online think about you, right?

There is no way you will get yourself into trouble if you keep it cool and don't lash out. There is no way you can lash out if you make a concerted and conscious effort to practice restraint and ignore. The people that try to test you will eventually get bored with trying to bait you, in theory (although it might take somebody like Kevin extra long). While I see your point about other people baiting you, it is going to be much easier for you to change rather than to expect everybody to cater to you, especially after you lash out at them.

Some people hold grudges and will keep their memories of you intact for a very long time. Railroader and Obi Wan's Ghost clearly dislike me for something I may have said in the past and take every opportunity to demonstrate this to me when they can. As far as I'm concerned, this is their problem, not mine. I think if you were to take this same attitude, you'd fare much better here.

Stay cool, restrain yourself, rise above the baiting. You don't need to be right all the time, or show people up, or whatever. Be confident in yourself, and simply discard the negative comments and sentiments from other members, because it really doesn't matter anyway.

There are many negative things I could say out of retaliation towards Railroader and Obi Wan, but I try not to. Why should I? What good would ever come out of "you are this! Oh yeah, well you are this! No way hypocrite, you are what you just said! At least I don't do this!"? This is the kind of crap that kids in grade school did, you don't have to repeat this. In real life, a mature adult would simply walk away from this sort of situation and try to avoid future confrontations. Why can't we do the same thing in a forum like this?

Just my two cents, FWIW. I have no grievances with you, so I hope this is seen as constructive.

Of course, I don't always practice what I preach, it can be hard. However, I believe what I said are some solid guiding principles and goals.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2007, 04:23 PM

So what? It's:

1. The truth
2. Not against the rules.
It's unnecessary and rather childish. When you make comments like that, you are adding fuel to the fire.

Personally, I don't mind if you are here or not. More often than not, you're post are decent, IMO. Though, once someone starts pushing your buttons, you lose it and go off on a tirade of insults. Then get banned, then claim it was unfair. Don't let other people push your buttons, and you should be fine.

Rob, you can solve all of these problems yourself. How? With a little restraint. IGNORE what is being said to you, let it go. It doesn't matter anyway what a bunch of random people online think about you, right?

There is no way you will get yourself into trouble if you keep it cool and don't lash out. There is no way you can lash out if you make a concerted and conscious effort to practice restraint and ignore. The people that try to test you will eventually get bored with trying to bait you, in theory (although it might take somebody like Kevin extra long). While I see your point about other people baiting you, it is going to be much easier for you to change rather than to expect everybody to cater to you, especially after you lash out at them.

Some people hold grudges and will keep their memories of you intact for a very long time. Railroader and Obi Wan's Ghost clearly dislike me for something I may have said in the past and take every opportunity to demonstrate this to me when they can. As far as I'm concerned, this is their problem, not mine. I think if you were to take this same attitude, you'd fare much better here.

Stay cool, restrain yourself, rise above the baiting. You don't need to be right all the time, or show people up, or whatever. Be confident in yourself, and simply discard the negative comments and sentiments from other members, because it really doesn't matter anyway.

There are many negative things I could say out of retaliation towards Railroader and Obi Wan, but I try not to. Why should I? What good would ever come out of "you are this! Oh yeah, well you are this! No way hypocrite, you are what you just said! At least I don't do this!"? This is the kind of crap that kids in grade school did, you don't have to repeat this. In real life, a mature adult would simply walk away from this sort of situation and try to avoid future confrontations. Why can't we do the same thing in a forum like this?

Just my two cents, FWIW. I have no grievances with you, so I hope this is seen as constructive.

Of course, I don't always practice what I preach, it can be hard. However, I believe what I said are some solid guiding principles and goals.
Excellent advice.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2007, 04:50 PM

So, what you're really saying is that you're not in charge of your emotions and that somebody else is, and they should make it easier for you to plod your way through life. Besson3c's advice is excellent, but, until you recognize that there are people who are going to pick on your vulnerabilities, because you let them, and because you choose not to ignore them, it's a lost cause. One more time (although I don't why, because I'm sure this will fly over your head anyway), no one but you is responsible for your actions.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 05:13 PM

True, and my actions right now are repsonsible for asking for a possible solution to being harassed by other members in the first place. Basically, you could 'ban' people from your personal account, they couldn't see it, you couldn't see them. I would like this forum very much without a few select people, and I'm sure everybody feels that way about certain members.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 05:16 PM

It doesn't matter anyway what a bunch of random people online think about you, right?
It depends if what they're saying. If someone keeps spreading false information and lies about me, then I obviously want to defend myself. I remember "Brokecollegekid4life" or whatever that stupid scammer ladies name was accused me of being untrustworthy, and a scammer. Ha. I got banned like 4 times for arguing with her, and know what?

In the end, SHE was a scammer, and scammed many people. I saw through her instantly. It took the moderators enough time for a few people to get scammed from her before they saw what kind of person she was.

Rumor
Aug 3, 2007, 05:41 PM

True, and my actions right now are repsonsible for asking for a possible solution to being harassed by other members in the first place. Basically, you could 'ban' people from your personal account, they couldn't see it, you couldn't see them. I would like this forum very much without a few select people, and I'm sure everybody feels that way about certain members.
There is a good possiblility that what you are asking for is not able to be implemented in the VB software.

Be the bigger person and ignore their taunts.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2007, 06:28 PM

Whoosh! It's always someone else isn't it?

Let me give you a very recent example; from this thread. http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...ld-chrysler/3/

There was some discussion of the Chrysler logo, and one poster commented that he wasn't keen on Chrysler going back to the Pentastar logo as it reminded him of the K cars. So what is your immediate response?

Dunno what you guys are smoking, but my 1997 Dodge Neon had the pentastar logo on it.
You couldn't simply comment that your Neon had the Pentastar logo on it; you had to immediate become defensive and imply that, just because someone thought differently than you, they were smoking something. And that is the root of the problem. You just can't stand to be wrong, and you will do whatever it takes to attempt to "prove" to the entire world that you are right, no matter the cost. The reasons you are banned here over and over and over have nothing to do with anyone else; the responsibility is solely at your feet. The choices you make are your own and yours only. Period.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2007, 06:53 PM

Rob, to be blunt, do you really think the mods are interested in allocating the resources to provide you (somebody who is often not on good terms with them) a convenience?

Like has been said, you can solve this problem yourself.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2007, 06:55 PM

It depends if what they're saying. If someone keeps spreading false information and lies about me, then I obviously want to defend myself. I remember "Brokecollegekid4life" or whatever that stupid scammer ladies name was accused me of being untrustworthy, and a scammer. Ha. I got banned like 4 times for arguing with her, and know what?

In the end, SHE was a scammer, and scammed many people. I saw through her instantly. It took the moderators enough time for a few people to get scammed from her before they saw what kind of person she was.

I don't know anything about what transpired here, but in general the best way to make a case like this is in a calm, cool, collected, and restrained manner.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 3, 2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Whoosh! It's always someone else isn't it?

Let me give you a very recent example; from this thread. http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...ld-chrysler/3/

There was some discussion of the Chrysler logo, and one poster commented that he wasn't keen on Chrysler going back to the Pentastar logo as it reminded him of the K cars. So what is your immediate response?

You couldn't simply comment that your Neon had the Pentastar logo on it; you had to immediate become defensive and imply that, just because someone thought differently than you, they were smoking something. And that is the root of the problem. You just can't stand to be wrong, and you will do whatever it takes to attempt to "prove" to the entire world that you are right, no matter the cost. The reasons you are banned here over and over and over have nothing to do with anyone else; the responsibility is solely at your feet. The choices you make are your own and yours only. Period.
See, this is what I struggle with. Is he attacking me? Or no? He is most definitely wrong about his interpretation, do I bother correcting him to point out that many other members accuse other members of 'smoking something' without it ever being an issue, and generally it's a friendly prod? Or do I just sit back and remain quiet and ignore him, even though he's misinterpreted my post?

Besson, I'd like your advice here.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2007, 01:39 PM

Rob: telling somebody that they are smoking something is almost always a move on the offensive. There are many ways you can politely point out something without getting on the offensive.

I insinuate that people are idiots all the time in the political lounge without actually calling them idiots. All you have to do is make your case, but don't make it personal. No name calling, no accusations, just make an airtight case as if you were on a debate team or something.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 4, 2007, 03:03 PM

I think one of the main differences here is that my friends and I insult each other all the time. It's what guys do.

Railroader
Banned
Aug 4, 2007, 08:32 PM

It's what guys do.
No. It. Is. Not.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2007, 08:36 PM

Well Rob, you need to make your intent clear, or else stop doing this. I'd suggest the latter, because with the written word it's really hard to accurately convey such subtitles, especially among strangers.

Any no, all guys don't do this. None of my guy friends and I do this.

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 4, 2007, 10:58 PM

Hrm, so guys are all super polite to your friends? My friends and I always mess around. Just the other night I broke into a friend's house (buncha guys I know) through an unlocked window, and unscrewed all their lightbulbs. And I mean ALL of them. Hahaha. It's going to be awesome when they get back.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2007, 11:00 PM

I'm polite to my friends, but again, online you just have to assume that people will take your words literally.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
He does have a valid point though. Often I see certain members that jump into a thread he is participating in and begin to bait him, knowing that he will most likely fly off the handle, resulting in him being banned.
Rob doesn't need anyone to bait him for him to fly off the handle.
Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
If you don't want certain people to read what you wrote, and you're hoping that no one will quote what you wrote so as to keep it concealed from your enemies, why not cease posting?
That would mean that he would have to follow the rules, and do what he was told. Something Rob doesn't like.

But seriously, I'd love the mods to do this for Rob.

If only to show him it wont change him constantly getting banned. He is still blaming others for him getting banned. Until Rob can start taking responsibilities for his own actions, nothing will change.

And I am one of many that are hoping they do.
It's not drama filled. I am able to post here for months at a time without any problems
The times you've posted MONTHS without getting banned have either been cause of

1. You've went out of your way to not be a jerk (Which I have seen you do, so I know it's possible!)
2. The mods have been lazy or keep giving you a "30th" chance at this. It has nothing to do with certain members doing ANYTHING to you. It's ROB doing it to ROB. Until you can get that strait Rob, you'll continue to be banned from about every darn board you register to.
until CERTAIN MEMBERS decide that just 'praying to jesus' isn't cutting it anymore
See, you just made a comment that get you banned, in the same post you are complaining about getting banned for unfair reasons in Rob. Don't you see this? When you make comments like this, it doesn't HURT anyone but yourself Rob. But you continue to do it. That sentence right there pretty much sums up why you keep getting banned.
and they bait, harass, attack, and whine about getting me banned until it happens.
What did you just do above Rob?
Rinse, wash, repeat. I just think if I was able to put them on some 'super ignore list' (so they couldn't see my posts), it would solve the problem, since they are hell bent on NOT putting me on their ignore lists.
Please mods, do this for Rob. Just so he might stop blaming others when he gets banned.

And Rob if you don't want banned from the forum stop belittling people in any way. Stop making fun of their choice of vehicles while attacking them. Stop making fun of people religion of choice. Basically just stop belittling people at all. You do that, and you wont be banned.

But every time you come back, you seem to do these things. Heck, you've done them in this thread a lone.

A lot of people in here like you Rob. Including me. We just wanna see you make it. And you simply aren't going to on the path you are taking now. If it takes the mods continually banning you to see it, then I guess that is what they will have to do. Others should not have to suffer because you feel you've done no wrong when you have.

Start now!
( Last edited by Kevin; Aug 5, 2007 at 08:10 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
It's unnecessary and rather childish. When you make comments like that, you are adding fuel to the fire.
No, usually those comments start the fire.
Personally, I don't mind if you are here or not. More often than not, you're post are decent, IMO.
Agreed. If Rob could sustain that posting style without attacking, he'd never be banned. Everyone would be happy, and Rob could even probably get back his old nick.
Though, once someone starts pushing your buttons, you lose it and go off on a tirade of insults.
Well here is where we disagree. No one has to push Rob's buttons for him to go off. This thread is a good example. Most of the time Rob starts with the immature personal jabs. Like making fun of people's religion or lifestyle. Or something he thinks will make them upset.
The very same thing he got banned for in other forums I've been with him in.

While I am sure there has been people that pushes Rob's buttons. This isn't the problem. And it's just supporting his "I do nothing wrong, people just attack me and I get banned" delusion.
( Last edited by Kevin; Aug 5, 2007 at 08:11 AM. )

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 07:46 AM

The people that try to test you will eventually get bored with trying to bait you, in theory (although it might take somebody like Kevin extra long).
Is this an example of me bating Rob besson?

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...o/#post3447284

Besson, if you are attempting to show Rob how to post without being a jerk, you aren't doing a good job of it. You just showed Rob a good example of what not to do in a thread where you are attempting to tell him how to be in here. Do you not see the wrongness in this? I don't bait rob to get him banned. I don't think ANYONE does. At least I haven't seen it done by anyone in the last few months.

Besides I think the fact that I haven't been banned in over 2 years, and haven't had one waring demerit, or whatever they call them since they have been implemented pretty much speaks for itself. Since that last one, me and tooki made a deal. I've kept up my end of the deal. tooki isn't here anymore, but I must be doing something right huh?

And I am one of Rob's BIGGEST supporters. I think my posts in this part of the forum requesting him to be unbanned time and time again speaks for itself. That doesn't mean that when he DOES act up and acts like I jerk I wont say something to him or the mods. That isn't me doing something wrong. That is Rob doing something wrong.

Rob's problem is he blames others for his wrong-doings in here. You attempting to add to his rants about me, which BTW are untrue doesn't help matters. I don't expect an apology from you, because that isn't your style. But hey..

I don't have any OLD grudges against Rob. Me and Rob used to actually be pretty close. I want Rob to just start taking responsibilities for his actions. Something from reading your posts, YOU want too. You've went off on him for not respecting his ban just as much as I have besson. Don't bring the chip you have about me on your shoulder into threads they simply don't belong in. You did the very same thing Rob does to get banned.
Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Bing. Hit.Nail.On.Head.
( Last edited by Kevin; Aug 5, 2007 at 08:31 AM. )

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 11:55 AM

See Besson, this is what I'm talking about. Kevin pasts 8 pages of the same bullshit he always does, about how I haven't changed (even though I have) and his only examples he can ever come up with are from 2-3 maybe even 4 years ago. So do I bother responding to him? Or do I just ignore him, and risk the possibility that his lies will infect people who don't know any better?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2007, 12:03 PM

See Besson, this is what I'm talking about. Kevin pasts 8 pages of the same bullshit he always does, about how I haven't changed (even though I have) and his only examples he can ever come up with are from 2-3 maybe even 4 years ago. So do I bother responding to him? Or do I just ignore him, and risk the possibility that his lies will infect people who don't know any better?

Just ignore him... I do. The reasonable people here that I'm most interested in conversing with know to take everything he says with a huge grain of salt anyway, if they even bother to read his stuff.

Kevin
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 12:18 PM

about how I haven't changed (even though I have) and his only examples he can ever come up with are from 2-3 maybe even 4 years ago.
Nothing in my post mentioned anything you did 2-3 years ago. But things you've done THIS WEEK. And if you don't like reading long posts Rob, no one makes you read mine.
So do I bother responding to him? Or do I just ignore him, and risk the possibility that his lies will infect people who don't know any better?
I didn't lie Rob. You have yet to prove anything I said was a lie.

These posts you are making are baseless accusation character assassinations.

Even after I take up for you in a post were you were getting wrongfully attacked...

Just ignore him... I do. The reasonable people here that I'm most interested in conversing with know to take everything he says with a huge grain of salt anyway, if they even bother to read his stuff.
Besson it's not very mature of you to use a grudge you have against me to further Rob's belief he isn't doing anything wrong.

It doesn't help Rob, it doesn't help MacNN, and it certainly doesn't help besson's reputation.

The fact you did this makes me believe you really don't care if Rob gets help, or changes. That you feel making personal jabs against that person is more important.

You also claim to have me on ignore. Why do you constantly go on about people that are on your ignore list?

You really aren't one to be giving Rob advice. As a lot of the times, you both do the same thing.

Attack, then blame others. You atleast, when banned respect the ban however. I give you that.

And I am sorry. Yours and Rob's accusations that I dislike Rob and bait him only to get him banned are simply dishonest. The accusations simply don't mesh up with my words or actions.

They are indeed baseless.

Next time I'd appreciate a bit more honesty.

The funny part about this besson is, you've railed and ranted against Rob for a long time for the same things I have. Yet you don't see yourself has baiting him. Not surprising.

The only time you two aren't rattling the cage is when you get together to bash me. While it's adorable, it really does nothing for your rep.

As far as me causing problems or attacking people or going against the rules. I think me not getting banned in years, and not having any "demerits" or whatever they are calling them now speaks for itself. And it's not because people haven't reported me for my posts. The reports have just been lame.

Now I am sure by me saying that, I will one now.

It's not that I have really changed. I've just stopped going into the PL as much. MY RDF meter is more correctly tuned because of it.
( Last edited by Kevin; Aug 5, 2007 at 12:33 PM. )

Aeternus  (op)
Baninated
Aug 5, 2007, 04:00 PM

K. I'll ignore him. I do wish I could put myself on his ignore list though. That would be awesome.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 5, 2007, 04:37 PM

K. I'll ignore him. I do wish I could put myself on his ignore list though. That would be awesome.
Me too!

I'm also holding out some hope that he will either get tired posting into a vacuum, or else annoy the other members or mods so much that they pressure him into ignoring us.

Maybe when he figures out the flawed nature of his whole MacNN bully crusade we'll be a little bit closer to having our wish fulfilled

Forum Links
Forum Rules