Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > GTA IV delayed

GTA IV delayed
Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2007, 11:29 PM

Take Two announced GTA IV will no longer be coming out on October 17th, but sometime in March/April 2008!!! That is such a huge push back for such a huge game... not to mention the fact that I've already been waiting until October since they revealed their "first" launch date, now I have to wait 6 more months?

link

highstakes
Senior User
Aug 4, 2007, 12:51 AM

I had a feeling this was going to be delayed, fairly sure this will be coming out holiday 2008 now

Aeternus
Baninated
Aug 4, 2007, 01:48 PM

Yeah, it sucks.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2007, 02:33 PM

Hopefully it's not as lame as the last three! [/thread longevity]

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2007, 04:41 PM

Serves you all right for wanting to snipe old women from rooftops...
I can't believe I'm not going to get to snipe old women from rooftops...

NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Aug 5, 2007, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Serves you all right for wanting to snipe old women from rooftops...
I can't believe I'm not going to get to snipe old women from rooftops...
Awwwwwwww

still never compleated a GTA game, III was pritty good, then came the spin off's best of which was Vice City but im glad its kinds of going back to a non novelty state

Matt
( Last edited by NobleMatt; Aug 5, 2007 at 06:38 AM. )

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2007, 05:01 PM

I dont think the fact that it is called GTA: IV rather than a "spin-off" makes it any different than the past 3 games. III, Vice City, and San Andreas were all set in very different locations with different characters, and IV is also set in a new (well, updated) city with new characters.

I think the core gameplay will be the same as the past few games, with MAJOR graphic updates...but still just a sandbox game in a different setting...obviouslly gameplay will be enhanced, new things added, etc. but I don't get the "novelty" part of what you were saying. The past games, at least to me, seemed like full fledged GTA's and not novelty spin-off's.

NobleMatt
formerly crazyreaper
Senior User
Aug 5, 2007, 05:09 PM

yer im thinking about it now... i suppose there not novelty spin off's now i look a bit more at it, i was just comparing it to 1,2, & 3 where it feels like your just more of a normal run of the mill person, where as in Vice its like chessey TV characters of the 60's and Sanan' your in the Ghetto, they felt almost, add-on/exspanction pack-esk rather than the next GTA, a bit like GTA: London which no one ever really classed as a Seprate GTA. But what im all realising now is that II was set in the future which is like Vice been in the past and both Vice and Sanan' are real life possible situations which ive never really seen them as.

Matt
The Spammer Formally Known As Crazyreaper
Mac Book Pro 15", 2.66 Ghz C2D, 4GB DDR3 / iPhone 4 16GB

turntabletux
Aug 6, 2007, 07:14 PM

I'm really upset with this news. On another note, the only "Spin off" I could think of when it comes to GTA are the Liberty City Stories ands the Vice City stories. For some reason I couldn't get into those games. I am still really excited for IV though!

MacBook Core 2 Duo 2GHZ 1GB of RAM

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2007, 07:33 PM

Good call, I forgot all about those games, as I've never played them as well. Started liberty city stories on a friends PSP, but those two "stories" games do really feel like spin-offs.

And reaper, you may be right, because I've never played any of those other GTA's. I only started playing back on my PS2 with GTA III and then played vice city and san andreas. All three are, IMO, freakin' awesome. The "stories" games don't feel like full-fledged GTA games to me, whereas the other 3 did. Hopefully IV will blow them ALL out of the water!

Trying to be optomistic, it could be better that this game comes out in the beginning of summer, rather than a few months into school. Now I have a worry free summer where I can spend as much time playing GTA as I wish...better than flunking out of college!

Aeternus
Baninated
Aug 6, 2007, 09:12 PM

Indeed! Good call Nodnarb! Though I do wish I could get in October. It seems like they always come out in the fall, when the weather starts getting crappy, so I have a good thing to do indoors!

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2007, 02:43 PM

Never expected it out this year to be honest ...
we don't have time to stop for gas

Aegis
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2007, 08:36 PM

I'm not really a GTA buff but at least there looks to be many promising games this year, to tide people over.

Forum Links
Forum Rules