Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Age of Empire or Civiliation

Age of Empire or Civiliation
vk2two
Aug 21, 2000, 03:37 AM

I've just brought an Imac DV (500Mhz) and was after a simple game. I don't play games, but my GF does. I was wondering on whats peoples opinions are of the 2 mentioned above?. I have played both on the PC platform before. Whats the best one to spend my money on. Age of empire (i guess 2 isnt available on MAC yet) or Civislation either 1 or 2?. Or is there a similar type game to these thats better. (maybe sim something> ).

Thanks
Andrew
Sydney, Australia.
VK2TWO

g4-guy
Aug 21, 2000, 09:38 PM

I have Civ II Gold for Mac on my G4. It's pretty fun, but it requires quite a bit of patience. Also, the BG music doesn't work under MacOS 9. In the Gold edition, lots of scenarios are included, like Rev. War, WW1, WW2, Civil War, etc. Another option would be Civilization: Call to Power, also published by MacSoft.

Regards,
g4-guy

[This message has been edited by g4-guy (edited 08-21-2000).]
PowerBook G4/800
Mac OS X 10.2.8
512MB RAM/40GB HD
Combo Drive, Airport Card

DanW
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2000, 09:41 PM

I would vote for Civ II Gold. Not necessarily simple, but a good turn-based strategy game. Another possibility might be The Sims. It can be frustrating at times but it's also fun.

I like both of those. I've had Civ II longer (and Civ before that) and it still holds my interest. I've had The Sims for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten too hooked on it yet. Currently, though, all my gaming time is occupied with Diablo II.

vk2two
Aug 21, 2000, 10:08 PM

Tahnks for the replies, i downloaded a demo of CIVii from versiontracker and let jen play that, she was impressed but the demo was annoying, i might buy her that and myself a plane game? falcon 4.0? maybe. thanks again andrew.

Forum Links
Forum Rules