Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro Display Problem

MacBook Pro Display Problem
willab
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2007, 04:34 PM

My new MacBook Pro was delivered yesterday. When the display was partially dimmed there was a problem with it that looked similar to what a television does when the horizontal hold is not set correctly. This problem was not apparent at full brightness. I took it to an Apple store to have them look at it, but by then the problem was gone. The problem has returned, so I am trying to decide if I need to try get a replacement computer, or if this one will be OK. Have any of you heard of this before?
( Last edited by willab; Aug 2, 2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: vague title)
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

concavelab
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2007, 04:57 PM

It is a lot of money and definitely worth getting a new one. If i had any problems with mine, i would return it instantly.
-----------------
www.allmightys.com

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 2, 2007, 06:47 PM

I agree that you should press the issue. If it's happened more than once, it'll happen again later. Pay attention to when this does show up so you can demonstrate it to the folks at the Apple Store.

And I'll fix your title-it really isn't at all good.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

G. I.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2007, 01:42 PM

There are two MacBook Pro-specific updates on apple.com/support. They supposed to solve this interference-like problem.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2007, 04:03 PM

If it is intermittent, see if you can take a pic. If you want a replacement unit, its easier to get it sooner rather than later.

minorscience
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2007, 02:29 PM

I also had the "waterfalling issue" on the display of my 2.4 Ghz MBP. MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0 reversed the "waterfalling" (rippling went from the bottom of the screen to the top). However, I reset the PRAM and that seems to have definitively fixed the issue. I'll post again if the problem recurs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules