Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Quicksilver.app hogs CPU

Quicksilver.app hogs CPU
egghead
Feb 15, 2006, 06:44 PM

Hi folks,

I recently downloaded and tried out Quicksilver (from blacktree.com). The app is _great_ and lives up to the evangelism for the most part, but I have an issue where it seems to eat about 75% to 90% of my CPU time, and causes the fan to start up repeatedly. Any idea why this might be? I have a PB G4/1.5 with 1.5 Gb of RAM.

Thanks in advance,

Nike

suthercd
Senior User
Feb 16, 2006, 01:48 PM

Quicksilver needs to build its indexes after it is first installed. On my PB G4 1GHz w/ 1GB RAM, Quicksilver's CPU usage is 0.00% at idle and uses a bit less than 5% when open and being configured.

Craig

egghead  (op)
Feb 16, 2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by suthercd
Quicksilver needs to build its indexes after it is first installed. On my PB G4 1GHz w/ 1GB RAM, Quicksilver's CPU usage is 0.00% at idle and uses a bit less than 5% when open and being configured.

Craig
I think there's a bug of some kind -- I finally solved my problem (95% CPU, constantly) to some kind of corruption in the Custom catalog entry, perhaps because I had set the subfolder depth to infinite. Deleting the custom entry and recreating with the subfolder depth at 6 seems to have solved the problem.

But the Blacktree bug reporter and forums are down, so I can't file a report.

Forum Links
Forum Rules