Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Leaving PB plugged in all the time

Leaving PB plugged in all the time
mike09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 7, 2005, 03:34 PM

if i have my pb plugged in all the time should i take the battery out or leave it in? and if i have to take it out should i discharge it to leave it charged? thanks in advance.

rparke1
Banned
Sep 7, 2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by mike09
if i have my pb plugged in all the time should i take the battery out or leave it in? and if i have to take it out should i discharge it to leave it charged? thanks in advance.

personally, i keep mine plugged in all the time, minus road work, and let the batery drain down to zip atleast once a month everyother just to be safe.

robisconfusedd
Sep 19, 2005, 10:35 AM

i used to have my laptop plugged into a 20" monitor and use it only at home, and now that my job requires me to bring my laptop in to work and become more mobile ive noticed the battery doesnt work as well as it did when i first got it..

id take it out.. make sure its completely discharged i believe this might help preserve the battery life

Simon
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2005, 11:25 AM

Maybe this Apple page might help answer your question.

giggs11
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2005, 01:00 PM

I leave it plugged in while using it at a desk or something, but who leaves a laptop plugged in 100% of the time? If you're never going to bother taking it anywhere, why get a laptop in the first place? Leaving it on while its at your desk should be fine though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules