Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Bluetooth Mouse - Worth it?

Bluetooth Mouse - Worth it?
MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Nov 22, 2003, 08:17 PM

I currently use the kensington travel mouse (the cord can fit inside the mouse when I travel with it) and I like it, no problems, 3 buttons, scroll wheel, nifty laser technology, etc.

I now have a AL 15" that has bluetooth and I am debating on going wireless (it is almost 2004!). For those of you who have a bluetooth mouse, are you happy? I am pretty sure the mouse needs batteries - how often do you need to change them? Any issues with reception? Size? Color? Smell? Taste?

Thanks

ulmer
Nov 22, 2003, 10:00 PM

I have the Belkin mouse and it works very well. It's nice to not have to deal with the cord and I can also use the bluetooth keyboard and hook the 15" up to an external monitor and it's as easy to work on as a desktop.

The new Logitech bluetooth mouse offers more buttons and such. If you don't mind the extra cost of a bluetooth wireless, it's nice to have...

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2003, 10:39 PM

Love my Apple BT mice. Haven't had to change the batteries yet (except on one, which came with duds). No reception issues. They're smashing.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2003, 11:58 PM

I second subego's remarks on how excellent the Apple bluetooth mouse is. But don't get caught up in the hype. If you have some extra disposable income and you'd rather a wireless mouse than a wired mouse, it does what it says, no more, no less. In my experience, and some people's vary, it responds and acts EXACTLY like the Apple Wired Mouse.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

PeterKG
Senior User
Nov 23, 2003, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by iDriveX:
I second subego's remarks on how excellent the Apple bluetooth mouse is. But don't get caught up in the hype. If you have some extra disposable income and you'd rather a wireless mouse than a wired mouse, it does what it says, no more, no less. In my experience, and some people's vary, it responds and acts EXACTLY like the Apple Wired Mouse.
I bought one Apple BT mouse but it didn't work well at all. I returned it for another, and have been impressed how well it works. I'm glad I bought it. I also bought a rechargable battery set so no more batteries to throw out.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

anaphora68
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 12:42 AM

I use an MS BT mouse and love it. I've had no problems and the extra buttons work great with expose.

I would highly recommend it. It's nice to have fewer wires and clutter.

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2003, 07:10 AM

I have both.

Go with the Apple until Logitech comes out with drivers for the MX900. The MX900 has bad lag with my 17" powerbook.

A number of other MX900 owners agree with me and some feel that there is no lag.

But the Apple BT mouse works well.

MickS
Senior User
Nov 24, 2003, 09:23 AM

I have a the Apple BT mouse and it works pretty well. Prior to the latest BT software update (1.4.1?) it could take a while for the mouse and laptop to find each other when waking from sleep. Now it's very quick.

I got a BT mouse because I kept breaking the cable on a wired mouse with taking it in and out of my bag a couple of times a day.

Forum Links
Forum Rules