Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther Network

Panther Network
dimension10
Nov 27, 2003, 03:10 AM

I had an airport network running fine in jaguar. I recently updated my g4 server machine to panther and now I have all sorts of issues.

I used to be able to just select my machines names from the GO menu. now I have to manually type in the IP addresses to get a connection. if I click on Network in the finder on my client machine I get an error saying that I don't have permission to see other computers on the network. If I click on network on my host machine I get a list of strange machines under the local folder and nothing under the work group folder. nowhere are my client machines listed.

finally when I mount my serving computer on my client machine I am unable to browse any of the external drives. again getting a permissions error even though I am logging into that machine with the administrator username and password.

has anyone had similar issues while upgrading to jag?

Forum Links
Forum Rules