Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > ColdFusion web host recommendation?

ColdFusion web host recommendation?
83caddy16v
Forum Regular
Jul 30, 2004, 01:48 PM

my current provider does not offer Cold Fusion. Does anyone recommend a web hosting service that offers Cold Fusion?

thanks!

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2004, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by 83caddy16v:
my current provider does not offer Cold Fusion. Does anyone recommend a web hosting service that offers Cold Fusion?
Do you have an existing app in Cold Fusion you need hosting for? I certainly would not suggest developing anything new in CF. There are so many non-proprietary development solutions that are both better and more ubiquitous that it would be a mistake not to use one of them.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Jul 31, 2004, 09:11 AM

"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

83caddy16v  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2004, 12:28 PM

thanks!
I been using MX04 suite and CF was very easy to use. I tried connecting to the db with ASP and ASP.NET but could never seem to connect properly. After installing CF Server on my PC laptop, I spent about 10mins using the CF items in DW and it was pulling back data.

With its seemingly easy of use I wanted to use it to do more dynamic sites. I appreciate other suggestions though or tips. thanks.

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Jul 31, 2004, 12:35 PM

I been using MX04 suite and CF was very easy to use. I tried connecting to the db with ASP and ASP.NET but could never seem to connect properly. After installing CF Server on my PC laptop, I spent about 10mins using the CF items in DW and it was pulling back data.

With its seemingly easy of use I wanted to use it to do more dynamic sites. I appreciate other suggestions though or tips. thanks.
You might look into PHP. Virtually every hosting company offers it, and it's free and cross-platform. You mention a PC laptop. You can get the PC version of PHP here:

http://www.php.net/get/php-5.0.0-ins.../from/a/mirror

You can get a Mac version here:

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

83caddy16v  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2004, 10:06 AM

thanks for the links! I'd prefer to develop off my Powerbook than my PC.

Forum Links
Forum Rules