Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > stream radioSHARK to iTunes to Airport Express...

stream radioSHARK to iTunes to Airport Express...
VX4c90uu22-.01
Nov 7, 2004, 01:17 PM

I have a new radioSHARK, and I want to stream it out to my Airport Express through iTunes. I think I heard someone mention that there is a way to create a stream from other applications and pull it up in iTunes...anybody know of a good app? Freeware would be best.

-VX

biscool
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2004, 01:27 PM

This maybe a stupid question - but couldn't you listen to the radio on whatever stereo you are using your AP express with? Unless you mean playback your recordings, which you could do via itunes anyway...
Every minute is another chance to turn the whole thing around

VX4c90uu22-.01  (op)
Nov 7, 2004, 07:33 PM

the reason I want to play the radioSHARK is because of the time shifting.

drive-thru
Senior User
Nov 8, 2004, 10:42 AM

Nicecast will take audio from any app and create an mp3 stream. You can then play the mp3 stream in iTunes and stream it to Airport Express.
You will probably need a fairly quick mac to do this. A quick test playing an mp3 in VLC and streaming to iTunes at 96kbps kept rebuffering every couple of minutes (G3 800 iBook).

Edit: Nicecast isn't freeware ($40 but you can try it for free) but I've had great experience with it. If you're looking for something free, go to VersionTracker and search for similar apps ("internet radio" or "audio stream" or something).
( Last edited by drive-thru; Nov 8, 2004 at 10:51 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules