Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > syncing iPod with iCal settings

syncing iPod with iCal settings
reemas
Senior User
Sep 16, 2005, 02:23 AM

is there any way to have the TO DO list items NOT show up if they are completed.

this is ridiculous, as I'm seeing to list items from years ago on my iPod. hope someone can share how to do this right.

thanks

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2005, 10:07 AM

iCal preferences .... click on "advanced" and you can arrange for old events and to do lists to be deleted entirely from iCal after a period of time, but I don't know if you can keep them in iCal and exclude them from being transferred to iPod...

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Sep 16, 2005, 12:59 PM

yeah i wanted to keep them since iCal doesn't actually show them. i was hoping this was posisble.

toffe
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2005, 01:00 PM

I've got this issue, the times does not match on the events on the iPod and iCal, the times can be very different than the real time (the dates are ok though)..

Just i was typing i realized that the timezone on the iPod migth be some other that Finland... checked it and it was so (maby it had changed when i resetted it)

But another thing. The location of the event does not show on the events there. Is there a way to make it visible.

teney7
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2005, 04:14 PM

I had some problems with the time zone thing, too.. I guess you just have enable time-zone support in iCal preferences and make sure that the times are right for the time zone you are currently showing...

To show the locations on your iPod, type the location in "Notes" not in the "Location" field..

Forum Links
Forum Rules