Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Connecting PC to AEBS?

Connecting PC to AEBS?
reasonprob
May 29, 2006, 12:08 PM

Currently I have an Apple Extreme Basestation running on Firmware 5.2 that runs fine with my Apple Ibook that is on version 10.2.8.
I recently bought a Dell PC and for the last two days can not figure out how to connect the Dell's Wireless Adapter to the Basestation. Any suggestions?

VX4c90uu22-.01
May 29, 2006, 04:34 PM

there are a lot of factors to consider when hooking a new computer up to your base station--regardless if Mac or PC. the reason nobody has answered your post is probably because the question is so open ended.

basically, if you apply any security or don't broadcast the name of your base station, it can get tricky. AND, the default wifi software that comes with the Dell is not the best, there is probably an option to use the Intel wifi software (right click on the wifi icon in lower right of screen), I found that to be much better to use.

you should spend some time on the Apple discussions forums, there is a lot of pre-made instructions to these kinda things.

this probably doesn't help, but at least you got a reply!

VX4

Forum Links
Forum Rules