Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Citrix ICA client and terminal services license bollox

Citrix ICA client and terminal services license bollox
brachiator
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2006, 01:12 AM

This one is rather arcane... and frustrating!

I'm running the Citrix ICA Client for Mac, 7.00.407, and logging in to my office's network. It's been working for years, but suddenly I get an error message everytime I log in, to the effect that my temporary terminal services client license is due to expire in X days.

My IS team tells me that the expired/ing license should be in /Users/Shared/Microsoft/RDC Client, but there is nothing in /Users/Shared. I've seen elsewhere online that the RDC Client folder might be in ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft, but no luck -- or in /Library/Preferences.

So, I am stumped as to where this expired license key might be. Supposedly if I delete it all will be well. Of course, I am also stumped as to why this problem has reared up now, but that is for another day, perhaps...

I'm grateful for whatever ideas you might have!

thanks,
mike

N228UA
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 4, 2006, 02:58 AM

Hi Mike,

I also had a similar problem some time ago and fixed it by doing this.

Go into /users/yourname/library/preferences/citrix ica client and delete the CitrixID file

I normally delete the file every month or so and I've no problems since.

Cheers
Mark

brachiator  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2006, 12:34 PM

Thanks, Mark.

I think that I achieved the same result via overkill -- someone in my IS department suggested deleting everything Citrix, which worked for her, and then reinstalling. I did so, and the problem cleared up. Now from your post, though, I can narrow my aim and not take a bazooka to a mosquito next time!

Also, it will be helpful to a colleague of mine who has the same problem but wanted to see how my guinea piggery went before trying "delete all."

best,
Mike

brachiator  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2006, 09:41 PM

Mark -- this worked like a charm, and I've passed it along to several colleagues, as well. Thanks!

best,
Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules