Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 1.85, MACNN MEMBER SPECIAL.

FS: PowerMac G5 Dual 1.85, MACNN MEMBER SPECIAL. (Page 2)
CTSxViper
Jan 10, 2008, 03:43 PM

You just don't get it... You think lying in your thread is "smart business"? You fabricated an entire story, fabricated that you had the item, and stole pictures from another user, and you think that's right and how dare people criticize you for it?

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 03:47 PM

i cant believe you're still defending your sob ass lame ass retarded ass stupid ass story!!!!
i've wasted enough time of you...you dont get anymore.
like i told you in the PM that i sent you today, i WILL find out who you are. My ex husband and his squad are already all over it!

jmsearcy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 03:55 PM

I think dannyar had a great idea......look into cheating someone by lowballing them and getting a product solely to make profit on......but before you actually have it....you go ahead and post it somewhere else to see what you can get for it.......Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think it would have been fine but, if you had ever even read any of the forum etiquette you would know that you should have definitely posted a "feeler" add first. That let's everyone know you are just checking. Instead you posted it as if you had the product, linked to someone else's pics, and made up some story about why you were selling. I'm a newbie and know that...........

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 10, 2008, 04:21 PM

these scammers should be deleted. this is a great forum for selling/buying and these goons give it a bad name.

offering something for sale, that you don't even own is shady.

that is, if you buy that story or the other story. they all seem very fake to me.

anytime, someone needs to spend a paragraph explaining themselves about a simple sell, back away quickly!
as ever,
sonny

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 10, 2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by msjoymarie View Post
i cant believe you're still defending your sob ass lame ass retarded ass stupid ass story!!!!
i've wasted enough time of you...you dont get anymore.
like i told you in the PM that i sent you today, i WILL find out who you are. My ex husband and his squad are already all over it!
these kind of threats shouldn't be tolerated
as ever,
sonny

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 04:37 PM

believe what u want...ive done everything to prove what i needed to prove..i forwarded pm's, emails, etc. i thnk its quite apparent that i successfully cleared my name..

and by the way how am I scamming? notice i never posted anything for sale on here...i think you should go back and FULLY re-read the whole thread

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 10, 2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by msjoymarie View Post
believe what u want...ive done everything to prove what i needed to prove..i forwarded pm's, emails, etc. i thnk its quite apparent that i successfully cleared my name..

and by the way how am I scamming? notice i never posted anything for sale on here...i think you should go back and FULLY re-read the whole thread
yr not even selling a computer on this forum. why are you here?

why do you need to defend yrself on a website you don't even visit or use?

not to mention yr insults and empty threats, make you sound at the very least, like a questionable seller.

spend more time trying to sell yr item at the original site you posted it and less time doling out insults and theats you can't follow through with.
as ever,
sonny

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 07:12 PM

you're funny...are YOU DANNYAR??

i feel the need to defend because there are many people who here who frequent both forums. hey idiot get a clue, why do you care about me defending my name? if u have no substance to add to the thread get the hell on

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by dannyar View Post
tell me how what I did is any different from a seller on ebay selling something with generic picture of that product?how do I know he actually has that product.its just like how I do business on ebay. I have sources as to where I get alot of my electronics I sell on ebay so what do I do? I list them to make sure it will sell then I contact my dealer and purchase it with the funds I recieve from the sale once the product is sold.its smart business.why would I buy something to then not be able to sell it and have to eat the product. Thats how business gets done.you all need to grow up.
You lied about your ex-wife. Sorry, that makes no sense.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 08:00 PM

Here's what I think:

What would keep one of our "regulars" from going and signing up for another acct as "msjoymarie" just to have fun with us? There was plenty of information to do that from this thread and the other one.

Pretty funny how they are both defending their "good name" and don't even have a computer for sale!

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 08:22 PM

actually i do have a computer for sale. not here...was on mac-forums.

the only reason i became privy to this site was because someone on macforums noticed that someone here was posting a sale with my exact pictures, info etc

so i checked it out, joined and wanted to let everyone know that what he was claiming to sell he never even actaully have and for your information ive been contact with the adminstrator of this whole forum who gave me his email addy in which i then forwarded him pix and info etc to prove im who i say i am and have what dannyar claimed to have...

you;ll see...they're gonna post clearing it up for me and i cant wait for it to happen!

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2008, 08:23 PM

I have a feeling that dannyar and msjoymarie are the same person. A very strong feeling.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 10, 2008, 08:33 PM

so, how can we have each of these people prove that they #1 have the computer in possession and #2 are different people.

msjoymarie- I'd like to see whatever photos you offered to email me.

well, I guess dannyar admitted that he was lying- so he doesn't have the computer- right?

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by chippervw View Post
so, how can we have each of these people prove that they #1 have the computer in possession and #2 are different people.

msjoymarie- I'd like to see whatever photos you offered to email me.

well, I guess dannyar admitted that he was lying- so he doesn't have the computer- right?
exactly!! hit me with an email address and ill respond from my gmail account as well as my lildimples16 account (the link to where my photos on photobuckt are..username on there is lildimples16 as well)

and if you want chipper, ill give you my macforums user name and pass so you can c where danny sent me a pm yesterday claiming he was interested in my mac. we then started emailing back and forth...now why would i have an email convo with myself (directed towards the person who thinks we're one) and you saw he admitted he lied!! he cant even keep up with his own lies!

reader50
Administrator
Jan 10, 2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003 View Post
I have a feeling that dannyar and msjoymarie are the same person. A very strong feeling.
Your feeling would be incorrect this time.

We're just waiting for one of the Marketplace mods to check in, and handle the details.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

I have received emails from msjoymarie from the address she mentions. She is legit.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2008, 10:11 PM

thank you!!!!!

reader50
Administrator
Jan 11, 2008, 12:20 AM

Lateralus did the deed, and let me handle the public response.
  • msjoymarie successfully responded to ghporter's contacts, sending an email from her claimed address.
  • msjoymarie had uncropped versions of the pictures she claimed to have.
  • dannyar has admitted to trying to sell something he does not own.
  • dannyar offered creative stories to answer questions about the details.
msjoymarie has recieved a Personal Attack infraction for going overboard in her response. Cussing out other members and threatening them is not allowed here. The proper response is to bring the matter to the staff's attention, through the report post button on every post, or by sending a Private Message to the local moderator(s). The report option is faster, since all staff members can see the report; one doesn't have to wait for a specific Moderator to come online.

dannyar has been banned from MacNN Forums. His services are no longer needed here. So far as we can tell using the forum tools, dannyar is not an existing member using a different handle.

msjoymarie is welcome to remain if she wishes to do so. We consider this matter to be resolved.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 12:38 AM

good luck
as ever,
sonny

msjoymarie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2008, 02:16 AM

my work here is done...as stated in my 1st post here i only joined to clear my name..wasnt trying to sell anything on here. mission accomplished. good bye and thanks for the mods help

jmsearcy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2008, 06:45 PM

the Mac-Forums/ Macnn user "msjoymarie" (also goes by "lildimples", or "lildimples16" on other forums) is a scammer. We entered a trade agreement (2 of my laptops for her Power Mac G5, me sending one laptop and her sending the desktop at same time, other laptop shipped once I received Desktop). She lied to me about the tracking # she gave to me. My PB G4 overnighted to a hair salon, and nothing at my door step! Please beware....I understand delays can happen in shipping, but I called fedex and had them check all packages in the US for a destination address of my own, nothing, tried the tracking #, BOGUS!!!! If Item arrives by Monday morning, I will withdraw the claims in this post, otherwise, I will pursue Lawful action to the best of my ability.

CTSxViper
Jan 11, 2008, 07:51 PM

Oh man... I'm sorry to hear this..

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2008, 08:59 PM

I am a strong believer in having a certain number of posts before being able to post in the Marketplace now.

Chito
Senior User
Jan 11, 2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I am a strong believer in having a certain number of posts before being able to post in the Marketplace now.
I second that.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2008, 10:46 PM

Me too. But don't make it high like MacRumors. They have a 100 post minimum, which is hard to obtain just to sell something.
8GB iPhone

Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2008, 10:52 PM

I think 25 would cut out most riffraff.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2008, 11:03 PM

That's what I was thinking.
8GB iPhone

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 12, 2008, 12:28 AM

Can we vote? I agree

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 12, 2008, 12:38 AM

I'm way ahead of you guys.

I proposed a minimum post count requirement for the Marketplace a year or two ago. And from what I heard, something about our forum's software prohibits such a limitation from being places on one specific forum.

That info may be out of date. I'll check into it again.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

4JNA
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
I think 25 would cut out most riffraff.
msjoymarie has 18 already just from 'defending her honor'...

25 seems low if you are serious about it. just my 2 cents.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 12, 2008, 12:48 AM

Indeed.

I've posted the subject of a post count requirement for the other members of the staff to read. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon on whether or not this is something we can actually implement.

And if it is, my recommendation will be for a minimum count of at least 100 posts.

As stwain2003 noted, it would be a hard number to hit just to sell something. And that would be the entire point of the requirement.

Nearly every major issue I have seen pop up here has come from somebody who became a member just to sell something. I don't want people like that posting here, whether or not they're honest with their transactions.

If that sounds harsh... it isn't. From a legal standpoit, the Marketplace is probably the riskiest area of the forum for MacNN to host. And in my opinion, the right to exercise use of it is something that is earned by regular members of MacNN.

To sum up my opinion; This isn't Craigslist or eBay. And a number of members choose to participate in transactions here for that reason.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 12, 2008, 01:10 AM

I agree with Lateralus. A 100 post count although high would deter a shady seller, at least for while.

Cheers
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 12, 2008, 04:42 PM

I don't buy or sell many things online, but when I do I don't want to sift through scammers and con artists. That's the main reason why I'm so hesitant to deal with people on ebay or Craigslist, unless I know them personally. Most serious traders whom I've met won't even consider buying from someone with less than 50 positive feedback, seems to me that requiring 100 posts on MacNN is a small price.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules