Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > X and arrival to your home Poll

X and arrival to your home Poll (Page 2)
MDA
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2000, 02:56 PM

I wonder if there was a last minute hitch.

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 03:13 PM

Mine is listed as shipped now but...

I ordered via FedEx and paid extra...

The tracking number provided is a UPS tracking number though the page says FedEx...

Arghhh...

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 03:26 PM

Simplemind: was your tracking number correct?

What ship date does your order list on the Apple Store status page?

Mine says it shipped today. Does that mean it actually shipped today or that the status was finally updated?

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 15, 2000, 03:29 PM

I ordered mine @ 7:31 a.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time. As of 3:33 p.m., 9/15, it's still being assembled. Oh well, I did need to work on the lawn this weekend
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 03:39 PM

A lot of orders are being shown with UPS tracking numbers even though people asked for FedEx. I just talked to Apple and they said the orders HAVE gone out FedEx and it's just a glitch in the system. We'll see.

BobbyG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2000, 04:56 PM

Do Not Reply @apple.com just sent me an e-mail that my copy shipped. I ordered it 5:30 a.m. (PDT) on Wed.

Haven't checked Apple site Order Status yet to see if it jibes.

bobrocke
Sep 15, 2000, 05:04 PM

I just got off the phone with Apple at 4PM central. I ordered my PB via the web at about 7:30am central. They tell me mine will ship today and with FedEx 3 day, I will have it Wednesday.

Bob

matthewp
Sep 15, 2000, 06:24 PM

I just got my E-mail that my order had shipped. I bought it at 5:30 pm Wednesday. I live in Oregon so it shouldn't take to long to get here I hope

RodriCO2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2000, 06:35 PM

Now I am really mad.......
I oredered mine as soon as the site was up.......... and STILL BEING ASSEMBLED. Goshh... I feel left out.... Just like those times in HS when people cut in line for lunch.......... OR WORSE

I better get that e-mail tonight......
Its not the fact that life is fact, but that life itself is a fact of the unknown....

Camali
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2000, 06:49 PM

Well, I ordered mine on Wednesday 7:15 a.m.(Central) and it still say being assembled. However I don't trust that since twice I have ordered from the AppleStore (first my BW G3 and then Appleworks), both times I check the order status page and it says being assembled, or being prepared (?) and don't you know FedEx (preferred method) is knocking on my door later that day to deliver what is suppose to be "being assembled."

I hope that is the case here, but I don't think so and I don't like waiting!

BobbyG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2000, 06:50 PM

yeah, the FedEx link provided by Order Status gacks as being too long. It does more resemble a UPS no. but UPS scratches its head too.

No matter, it's still at least a weekend away.

Dev-Em
Sep 15, 2000, 07:28 PM

Woo hoo! Just got the email that indicates it's shipped!

****We interupt this post for the dance of joy.****

Now we'll see how long it takes UPS to ship it to Atlanta...?

The countdown begins....

Dev

keston
Sep 15, 2000, 07:37 PM

Downloading it as we speak.. should be done in a while.

So mine will arrive today

imacman11  (op)
Sep 15, 2000, 07:41 PM

(Best Cartman voice) Thank you Lord! Thank you Jesus!

Man...finally...after seeing that everyone elses X shipped, I got depressed and decided to go to the Apple Store to see that my order was still "being assembled," BUT IT WASN'T....IT SHIPPED....WOOOO-FREAKING-HOOOO..!!!
Although, I shipped it via UPS, so it'll probably be a week...at least I'll have it for the weekend....
Also, I ordered it at 9:20am (Cupertino time) on the famous day, if that helps anyone....

Good luck to my fellow, starving X addicts.

------------------
Thou shalt go forth and spread the iWord.
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2000, 07:42 PM

Well mine is still be assembled...and I ordered it at 7:15am on Wednesday

memento
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2000, 08:20 PM

ok. finally shipped! just changed from being assembled somtime in the last 2 hours. I ordered it 3:45am Cupertino time.

Got the 1Z..... tracking number for Fedex. Hope they fix that so I can track it!

"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 15, 2000, 09:16 PM

I just got word that it shipped. YAY!

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

MDA
Forum Regular
Sep 15, 2000, 09:28 PM

I ordered mine on 9/13 at 5:29 am Pacific time and it's still being assembled. Crap!!

anonymous
Sep 15, 2000, 09:34 PM

I ordered mine literally seconds after the U.S. site was updated with the Beta...and it's still being assembled. What's with that?

imacman11  (op)
Sep 16, 2000, 10:36 PM

So, is everyone else having trouble getting the UPS to track? Every time I go to check to see whats up with the package, UPS says it cant find it...
It shipped yesterday.....

------------------
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

javastein13
Sep 16, 2000, 11:12 PM

javastein13
Sep 16, 2000, 11:13 PM

ack.. I hate forgetting passwords

javastein13
Sep 16, 2000, 11:17 PM

I was sitting there clicking "Reload" on store.apple.com the other day waiting for it to show up.. when it did, I had everything ready.. ordered 2 copies (one for the girlfriend).. on Friday morning, it finally said "Shipped!" and gave a FedEx number (NOT a UPS number) but 8:20pm the NEXT DAY, FedEx.com still says that they can't find that tracking number. *sigh* Had I known that it was going to take a week anyway, I would have saved the $10. Oh well. I'll just be happy to get it..

Gepard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2000, 11:27 PM

mine has shipped too! (ordered online at 6:00am est wednesday, east coast usa) my order status includes a fedex tracking number. clicking it navigates to the tracking page on the fedex site, where i am informed that the number is too long to be valid.
I got the same problem. It seems to me that number belongs to UPS not Fedex (because it starting "1 Z ....."), but I paid $10 for 3 days FEDEX delivery. Something was screwed up. I was trying to call 1-800-MY-APPLE and couldn't wait and listen to their music for more than 15 minutes...
----
You got an idea?

jtvoorhies
Sep 17, 2000, 12:52 AM

It's finally gone to shipped!

I ordered mine about 9:15a Eastern time Wednesday. I just checked the Apple Store and it has shipped (it took them 3 days to assemble it). I haven't even got the Apple email to tell me it's shipped yet. It's about time it got on it's way.

I paid for FedEx, so I hope I get it Monday morning.

Twilight_MFG
Sep 17, 2000, 03:17 AM

Ordered mine on the 13th
Apple Store sez it shipped
bad tracking numbers
yada....yada...yada
cross my fingers for tuesday

RodriCO2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2000, 10:29 AM

It finnaly shipped on 9/16/00 With FedEx it was good airbill but still wrong since it still belongs to a customer in california from 3 months ago...
Should be here on tues.......

yay............
Its not the fact that life is fact, but that life itself is a fact of the unknown....

zythemac
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2000, 11:28 AM

Ordered mine 4pm ET on Wednesday. It shipped 7am this morning (Sunday - odd) Fed-EX. Tracking number doesn't work - big surprise.

imacman11  (op)
Sep 18, 2000, 03:47 PM

Well, I just got a letter in the mail stating that OSXb is on its way and that it should be here shortly. SO, the letter outpaced the friggen CD...DOH!

Also...quick question...since the VooDoo2 won't work under OSX (I have a Rev. A iMac with 256MBRAM, 40GB HD, VD2, 466MHZ Upgrade), how well will the 6 megs (I upgraded from the 2MB that came with it to 6MB) of VRAM for the Rage IIc (I Believe) handle all of the OSX environment...Like all the transparencies, effects, etc...
Thanks for any help...

------------------
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2000, 04:14 PM

If anybody cares, I got mine instantly at the Apple stand at Apple Expo France. It was strange... Apple seems obsessed with mocking up the OS X UI in OS 9... It was actually a FileMaker database with a dummy OS X interface for ordering on an iMac, then the order gets printed out behind the counter, and you get given your copy. Semi-cool :-)

ups_problems
Sep 18, 2000, 04:20 PM

I too ordered mine through the Apple Store. I was told by the website it shipped Friday, but the tracking number they gave me was incorrect.

To get the correct tracking number, you need to call in. They can give it to you over the phone. After using that tracking number, UPS indicated that the package did indeed get shipped on Friday.

These are being shipped from Sacramento.

neocyberdude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 04:26 PM

I ordered mine Wed. 9/13 at about 7:30 am CST and received it today (9/18). I had the FedEx shipping and like everyone else--bad tracking number. Oh well. I'll be up all night messing with it now!

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2000, 04:55 PM

Well my copy showed up today. Ordered on the 13th, shipped on the 15th, arrived on the 18th.

I'm typing this in X right now.

This is so damn cool...

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 18, 2000, 05:06 PM

Hey..
I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones. I ordered my copy on 8/13, Wednesday evening at 10:00 EDT. I got two e-mails from Apple that evening ("We have recieved your request", and "we are processing your order"), and then I got a letter from Apple in snail mail on Saturday letting me know they are processing my order. I paid for Fed Ex 3 day shipping, and my order is still being freakin' assembled as of 5pm ET today, the 18th. I'm not happy with Apple. If they would've said 3-5 day ship time, I'd be fine. But they gave a one day ship time. It's been five.

-Josh

JSD303
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 05:21 PM

I have a feeling Apple is trying to pull a fast one. I ordered my copy 9/13 am... I received my "shipped" confirmation email on Friday night (sat morning 1-2am) stating that it shipped. My FedEx tracking number IS a FedEx number, but it still can't be tracked yet. My credit card had never been charged, which I thought was odd. I go to check my bank today and they are putting the charge through TODAY - it's still pending and won't be posted until tonight. So am I to believe that Apple actually shipped a product a few days ago without charging me for it? Or does it sound more like Apple tried to appease people with a "Shipped" notification, and is really shipping tons of orders TODAY - monday 9/18? Some people actually received their copy today. I have a feeling that the rest of the "weekend" shipments really went out this morning.

Apple... we are watching... we are not as stupid as you wish we were... Wonder who Steve needs to fire and blame for the poor performance of his Apple Store? Did anyone else notice the dead silence or boo's each time at Paris Expo when he mentioned how he felt the Apple Store was the best on the planet? It might be, as long as not more than 2 people ever order the same product at the same time.

Sad... I got sick of waiting and went out to get OSX myself. I'm willing to bet that Apple sent out emails saying "shipped" so people couldn't cancel the order that really won't ship til today...

Steve Reubart
Sep 18, 2000, 05:42 PM

At least all of you got a "being assembled" status. I ordered my copy on Thursday morning, get the e-mail confirmation from Apple, then saw "being assembled" for a couple of days. When I checked the order on Sunday morning, though, it had been CANCELED for no apparent reason!! Since then I have had no further e-mail or other contact from Apple to clue me in as to why they canceled the order.

I'm home on vacation this week so I attempted to call the Apple Store today. After being on hold for 45 minutes I gave up. (Good thing it's an 800 number...)

Maybe I should just place the damn order again. Knowing how they screw things up, though, either I'll get two copies or none at all. I have NOT had good experiences with the Apple Store...I was one of those folks who ordered a G4/500 when they first came out, only to have my order canceled on me. At least they sort of straightened that one out, but I'm still waiting for them to fix THIS one.

Redneck
Sep 18, 2000, 06:32 PM

Ordered on Wednesday.....Got confirmation on shipping Thursday......Got an order acknowledgement in the mail Monday.....still no friggin' OSXPB......I'm pissed. Shipped Thursday......paid $10 extra for expedited shipping and the effin' Order Ack beats it through snail mail? Boy, you've gottem on the ball Steve.

aapl4ever
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 06:52 PM

[Long post warning]

Grrrrr!!!!

I've been checking my order almost daily, and it always said 'being assembled,' even as recently as earlier today. When I last received an e-mail from Apple, it said this:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with Apple Computer, Inc. Your order has
been successfully received and is currently being processed.

Please note that all applicable sales tax and any express shipping charges
(as appropriate) will be added to your order subtotal.

A proof of purchase will be mailed to you at the same time your order ships.

The return policy for the products on this order is subject to the terms
and conditions of your contract with Apple Computer, Inc.

Thank you again for choosing Apple Computer!

The Apple Store Team

================================================== ==============
Here is a summary of your order:

ORDER DATE: 09/14/00 - 07:46 AM Pacific Standard Time

WEB ORDER NUMBER: W974120

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
(My Name Here)
(My Day & Evening Phone #'s Here)
(My E-mail Address Here)
SHIPPING INFORMATION
(My Name, Address, and Phone # Here)

PURCHASE INFORMATION

ORDER

Part Number: M8177Z/A
Product Name: Mac OS X Beta
Unit Price: $29.95
Quantity: 1
Net Price: $29.95

Shipping Cost: $10.00

You have chosen Fed Ex 3-day as your shipping method.

SUBTOTAL: $39.95

Your order total will include this amount plus all applicable sales tax
and less any coupons tendered (subject to verification).

I have received no further e-mail from Apple. When I checked my order afew minutes ago, it says 'No Items Currently In Your Order.'

What does this mean?????

aapl4ever
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 06:54 PM

[Long post warning]

Grrrrr!!!!

I've been checking my order almost daily, and it always said 'being assembled,' even as recently as earlier today. When I last received an e-mail from Apple, it said this:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for placing your order with Apple Computer, Inc. Your order has
been successfully received and is currently being processed.

Please note that all applicable sales tax and any express shipping charges
(as appropriate) will be added to your order subtotal.

A proof of purchase will be mailed to you at the same time your order ships.

The return policy for the products on this order is subject to the terms
and conditions of your contract with Apple Computer, Inc.

Thank you again for choosing Apple Computer!

The Apple Store Team

Here is a summary of your order:

ORDER DATE: 09/14/00 - 07:46 AM Pacific Standard Time

WEB ORDER NUMBER: W974120

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
(My Name Here)
(My Day & Evening Phone #'s Here)
(My E-mail Address Here)
SHIPPING INFORMATION
(My Name, Address, and Phone # Here)

PURCHASE INFORMATION

ORDER

Part Number: M8177Z/A
Product Name: Mac OS X Beta
Unit Price: $29.95
Quantity: 1
Net Price: $29.95

Shipping Cost: $10.00

You have chosen Fed Ex 3-day as your shipping method.

SUBTOTAL: $39.95

Your order total will include this amount plus all applicable sales tax
and less any coupons tendered (subject to verification).

I have received no further e-mail from Apple. When I checked my order afew minutes ago, it says 'No Items Currently In Your Order.'

What does this mean?????

aapl4ever
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 07:06 PM

OOOOPS!!!! Sorry about the piggy-back post. I'm so damned impatient sometimes.

edgewise
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2000, 09:00 PM

the fedex deliveries are arguably working exactly the way they're supposed to (except for the effed-up tracking numbers). fedex third-day shipping means delivery on the third BUSINESS day after the ship date, and weekends don't count (you have to pay extra to get fedex to do anything on a weekend). if your order shipped friday, it'll probably arrive tuesday or wednesday; if it shipped saturday or sunday (or after 7pm or so on friday), it'll come on wednesday or thursday, etc.

TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2000, 10:52 PM

It shipped!!!! I just checked the Apple web site and my order has finally shipped. I placed the order sometime in the afternoon on 9/13. It gave a UPS tracking number (which is good, I chose UPS shipping), but UPS doesn't have the number on record. It doesn't suprise me because only two hours ago my order was "being assembled." I'll give UPS some more time, but if it doesn't happen, oh well. I'm just happy my copy shipped.
Per Square Mile | A blog about density

Orion98
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2000, 01:17 AM

I orderd my copy on 9/14 at 5pm (ET) and it's *still* being assembled.

technohedz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2000, 01:28 AM

Ordered mine 6am Palo Alto time regular shipping on release and recieved it today (18th). My order said it had shipped, but I could never get the ups tracking number to work. No complaints here

imacman11  (op)
Sep 19, 2000, 05:09 PM

WHAT THE F***...I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...

OK...I ordered OSX on wed...THE WEBSITE SAID IT SHIPPED ON FRIDAY...I GOT A CONFIR-FREAKING-MATION IN THE MAIL SAYING IT DID... THE WEBSITE PICS SHOWED IT AS BEING SHIPPED...

THEN TODAY....

I GET THIS JUICEY TIDBIT

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase of Mac OS X Beta.

Your order has shipped!

Due to an error we encountered with our shipment tracking system, your
tracking information may not be correct. As a result, you may be unable to
track your shipment online. You should receive your shipment of Mac OS X Beta
within 7 business days (UPS) or 3 business days (Federal Express.)

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

Contact Information:

Fax # (512) 674-2226
Phone # (800) 692-7753 Mon-Sun, 7:00 am - 11:00 pm (Central)

To better serve our customers, Apple may ship products from multiple
locations. If there are other items in your order, we will send you a
separate confirmation email as soon as they ship.

Sales & Returns Policies:
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...spolicies.html

Sincerely,
Apple Computer Individuals Misc.

OK...SO THIS IS SAYING THAT APPLE LIED TO ME TO MAKE ME HAPPY OVER THE WEEKEND SO THAT I WOULD BE COMPLACENT AND NOT BITCH ABOUT IT...

BEING A FAITHFUL MAC ENTHUSIAST AND EVANGELIST, THIS DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR APPLE'S FREAKING POLICIES/CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WHATEVER...

After I call these goobers, Ill let you know what they say...

------------------
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

aapl4ever
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2000, 05:33 PM

Could someone translate for me, please?

The Apple order-checking site says:

Shipped: September 14, 2000
Fed Ex

The Apple order *status* site says:

Most carrier information is available within 24 hours after shipment

Item Part No. Unit Price Qty Price
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAC OS X PUBLIC BETA-INT M8177Z/A $ 29.95 1 $ 29.95
MAC OS X PUBLIC BETA-INT; 1 shipped on 09/19/2000
Shipped via: FEDERAL EXPRESS Tracking Number: my number
Shipping Charges $ 10.00
Subtotal $ 39.95
Sales Tax $ 0.00
Total $ 39.95

When should I expect to get my hands on my order?

Thank you.

Finder
Sep 19, 2000, 05:37 PM

I've ordered the CD on 13th (5:00am Central) and just got it. :-)

Finder

swartzfeger
Sep 19, 2000, 05:40 PM

I ordered on the 13th (Wed), it shipped on the 15th (Fri) and received it today via UPS. I'm glad I didn't pay the extra $10 for FedEx.

imacman11  (op)
Sep 19, 2000, 06:34 PM

Where do you live?

------------------
------------------
[email protected]
------------------
www.themacgod.com

cdaveb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2000, 06:44 PM

I ordered the day of the announcement (about noon PST), and I received it the Monday after.

Forum Links
Forum Rules