Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Automatically answer phone call?

Automatically answer phone call?
lordshaq
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2002, 04:34 PM

Perhaps somebody knows of a way to do this, I have not been able to find a way to get this done. Here is the situation: I live in a gated community, and one of the ways to get the front gate open is to dial in from the number pad located at the gate, which in turn - dials in to the house. When somebody is home, a number needs to be dialed to open the gate up front. In this case, the number 9 needs to be dialed on the incoming phone call for the gate to open. I would like to be able to setup my OS X computer, to be able to pick up the phone and automatically dial the number "9". So that If I don't have any other means of opening my gate, I can call with the dialpad, even if nobody is home, and have the computer open up the gate for me.

Any suggestions?

Alex Duffield
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2002, 04:47 PM

Wouldn�t it be simpler to just record the 9 tone on your answering machine?? After all, they where built to answer phones.
Alex Duffield
http://www.incontrolsolutions.com
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: signature() in /usr/local/www/htdocs/showthread.php on line 813

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2002, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by Alex Duffield:
Wouldn�t it be simpler to just record the 9 tone on your answering machine?? After all, they where built to answer phones.
That might be a better idea, if you put it at the end of your message any random person trying to get let in would probably hang up before the gate opened.
~BS

Forum Links
Forum Rules