Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Diskwarrior kernel panic

Diskwarrior kernel panic
lordshaq
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2003, 10:22 PM

PowerMac G3 B/W 400 -- OS X 10.2.6 -- I booted up from my diskwarrior CD, and attempted to rebuild my OS X partition -- however, when it reaches step 9... I get a kernel panic! I have no idea what could possibly be causing this... has this happened to anybody else?

NO BIG INLINE PIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --tooki
( Last edited by tooki; Jul 20, 2003 at 02:02 AM. )

BGK
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2003, 10:50 PM

just out of curiosity... are you then able to boot back into OS X afterwards, or is it thrashed?
I want the ability to sleep in the snow, if I have to. I want the ability to want to.

lordshaq  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2003, 10:56 PM

I am able to boot back into OS X -- its very strange. Before the first panic, it found a wrapper problem on the volume and repaired it. However, upon reaching step 9 theres always a kernel panic when reaching about 102,000 tests...

BGK
Forum Regular
Jul 19, 2003, 10:57 PM

not good!
I want the ability to sleep in the snow, if I have to. I want the ability to want to.

vasu
Senior User
Jul 20, 2003, 12:23 AM

You can skip that part... try that and see if continues...

-vasu

lordshaq  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2003, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by vasu:
You can skip that part... try that and see if continues...

-vasu

Hey, thanks for the tip Vasu. I did not even notice that was the part that was 'skippable', I'm so blind. That did the trick, skipped over that part and worked as normal. Nice.

BGK
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2003, 12:50 AM

how do you skip it?

lordshaq  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2003, 01:03 AM

Originally posted by BGK:
how do you skip it?

Look carefully at my screenshot, there's a "skip" button right there next to the cancel button. The skip button becomes active as soon as Step 9 begins, allowing you to skip step 9 entirely. I clicked it as soon as step 9 started, and it went right through...

BGK
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2003, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by lordshaq:
Look carefully at my screenshot, there's a "skip" button right there next to the cancel button. The skip button becomes active as soon as Step 9 begins, allowing you to skip step 9 entirely. I clicked it as soon as step 9 started, and it went right through...
i see it now! guess you have to be around in order to skip that one. heh heh.

Forum Links
Forum Rules