Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Meeting Maker's downhill slide.

Meeting Maker's downhill slide.
Maneki Neko
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2002, 01:40 PM

Hello,

This may end up being more of a rant than anything else, but I'm writing this with hope for the future.

First off, does anyone here use Meeting Maker in their office? I'm in charge of maintaining Meeting Maker for my company (a utility). We've used Meeting Maker for a long time. When I started, we used version 5. We upgraded to version 6, and were quite happy with the product.

Then came version 7.

Due to our overall good experience with our upgrade from 5 to 6, we upgraded to 7.0. It was terrible. Not just a little buggy, but bad enough that it probably shouldn't have been released.

Meeting Maker quickly released 7.0.1. It didn't fix most of the problems we were having with 7.0. Then comes 7.0.2. It fixed most of our problems, but adds many more.

All I really have to say is that if Meeting Maker 7.1, (which is supposed to be out this quarter), isn't an amazing product, we're seriously going to go about finding something else.

Does anyone else here use/administer Meeting Maker? How's your experience been?

petek
Forum Regular
Feb 7, 2002, 01:58 AM

We use MM 6.0.8 where I work, and speaking as a user, there don't seem to be any real problems with it. We use the Win and Mac clients - we tried the Java client, but found it to be nearly useless and quickly reverted to local clients.

That said, our corporate IT people are being pressured to replace MM and Eudora with an integrated messaging package. The last I heard they were leaning towards Lotus Notes. From what I've heard about that, I expect in a year or so we'll be wishing we'd stayed with MM & Eudora.

Forum Links
Forum Rules