Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Logitech Mouse and Panther

Logitech Mouse and Panther
schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2003, 07:15 PM

I hope this is relevant in this forum. I just bought a Logitech MX500 and it's really nice. However, I activate expose by using the fn key (all windows) and the ctrl key (apps)

I can't seem to get the Logitech to use the FN key as a keystroke. Anyone have any ideas?

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2003, 07:43 PM

www.usboverdrive.com

USBOverdrive should allow you to do what you want.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2003, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by schuey100:
I hope this is relevant in this forum. I just bought a Logitech MX500 and it's really nice. However, I activate expose by using the fn key (all windows) and the ctrl key (apps)

I can't seem to get the Logitech to use the FN key as a keystroke. Anyone have any ideas?
You don't need any 3rd party shareware drivers to do this, and use the mouse buttons instead of setting a keyboard shortcut and interpreting that though the mouse.

You can use the Logitec Control panel to make the Quick Switch button (or any other button on the mouse) activate Expos�. You first have to set the button an 'Advanced Click' Assigned action. You can then set the click type to 'click' and assign it a 'button number' from the popup list (I have chose number 8).

Then in the Expos� control panel, in the Mouse section. Select the mouse number button ('Mouse Button 8' for me) in the popup list for the Expos� action you want the button to do (I have mine set to 'All Windows').

I can post some screen shots if that is difficult to follow. it does sound complicated, It's not really it's only 2 selections in 2 control panels.

coolmacdude
Senior User
Nov 7, 2003, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:
You don't need any 3rd party shareware drivers to do this...You can use the Logitec Control panel
You could, but USB Overdrive is 10 times better than the Logitech Control Panel.
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Macbook, 3GB Ram, 120 GB

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 7, 2003, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by coolmacdude:
You could, but USB Overdrive is 10 times better than the Logitech Control Panel.
Not the last time I tried it.

schuey100  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2003, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:

You can use the Logitec Control panel to make the Quick Switch button (or any other button on the mouse) activate Expos�. You first have to set the button an 'Advanced Click' Assigned action. You can then set the click type to 'click' and assign it a 'button number' from the popup list (I have chose number 8).

Then in the Expos� control panel, in the Mouse section. Select the mouse number button ('Mouse Button 8' for me) in the popup list for the Expos� action you want the button to do (I have mine set to 'All Windows').

I can post some screen shots if that is difficult to follow. it does sound complicated, It's not really it's only 2 selections in 2 control panels.
I can see what you're saying but here's my problem. I'm on a 17" Laptop and I want to be able to activate expose with just one key on the keyboard (the FN key)

Under advanced click, the Logitech control panel doesn't let me select that as an option. I don't want to change the key I'm using for expose but I think I'm going to have to

Any ideas?

fiddler
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2003, 08:40 AM

You don't have to change the KEY you use to activate expose; the expose pref pane also lets you select a mouse button to do what you want to do. You just have to then go to the Logitech Control Centre and set the button you want to "advanced click", and select the button number...

schuey100  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2003, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by fiddler:
You don't have to change the KEY you use to activate expose; the expose pref pane also lets you select a mouse button to do what you want to do. You just have to then go to the Logitech Control Centre and set the button you want to "advanced click", and select the button number...
Of course. I'm an idiot

Thanks

a2daj
Mac Elite
Nov 8, 2003, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
Not the last time I tried it.
Does LCC support automatic per app custom mouse configs? Last time I checked, no. That feature, at least to me, makes USB Overdrive 10x better than LCC.

Musti
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by a2daj:
Does LCC support automatic per app custom mouse configs? Last time I checked, no. That feature, at least to me, makes USB Overdrive 10x better than LCC.
Mmm, make it 20X.

Forum Links
Forum Rules