Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order/Shipping Info from Apple, re: education orders

Order/Shipping Info from Apple, re: education orders
rmcalhany
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 18, 2001, 11:49 AM

Just got of the phone w/ Julie at apple regarding my order on 5/1/01.

She did confirm that some have been "trickling" out of the factory. She couldn't confirm whether there were any BTO's (she didn't know which were shipped and if they were BTO or not, just knew some had shipped).

BUT:

She did confirm that orders are shipped on a first order priority, regardless of what apple store ordered it (i.e. regular or education).

So as a previous post implied that education orders were second priority, she did tell me that if education orders were before non-edu orders, then they would ship in the order placed.

Now BTO edu orders???

Anyway, she couldn't tell me any more than 3-5 weeks from order date for my order! Still being assembled 17 days after ordered! Arrrrgh.

Just thought y'all should know about the education orders.

Robert

prodigy1387
May 18, 2001, 11:57 AM

Thats one reason why I did not order from Apple. Too confusing with priority and edu/reg. ordering. I just rather order from MacMall, get a free 128MB ram with my iBook and know that I will probably get my order in 1 week from now. Much easier in my opinion.

Forum Links
Forum Rules