Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Lexmark X6650

Lexmark X6650
PHoynak
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2010, 08:06 PM

Is there a way to merge the tiff files that my Lexmark scanner creates into one file? For example I scanned a medical report but it saves each page as a separate file.

ibook_steve
Mar 7, 2010, 08:29 PM

Depends on your scanning software. The Epson Copy Utility I use with my Epson scanner lets you select whether you want to continue scanning more pages into a single document or to stop and print (to a printer or a pdf).

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

printmaster.tech
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2010, 08:46 PM

Hello. You can save a multipage document as one file if you save it as a PDF. Try it. Hope this helps.

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 17, 2010, 09:21 PM

Using Preview, you can merge separate PDF pages. Open the first page in Preview, then select View|Sidebar|View Sidebar. Now open the PDF you want as the next page and make sure the Sidebar is visible for it. Drag the thumbnail from the second page's Sidebar onto the first page's Sidebar and drop it after the first page. Continue for all desired pages. When done, in the original, first PDF page window select either "Save" to save the whole collection as the original page, or Save As to save the collection to a new PDF file.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules