Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac 27 Inch Core I5

iMac 27 Inch Core I5
PHoynak
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2012, 08:10 AM

I just ordered the 27 inch iMac with the 2.9 GHZ Core i5 CPU and a 1tb Fusion Drive. I ordered 32 GB of ram from Crucial. Should I have opted for the Core i7? I dont do any major video editing or anything like that. I have a very large iTunes catalog which is connect by a WD My Studio Mirror Edition drive which I will upgrade soon also.

I now have a 2010 iMac with the Core i3 so I think I will still see a nice improvement.

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 30, 2012, 08:38 AM

A little late to be asking about CPU upgrades but I think you'll be very pleased with the i5 iMac. Congrats.

PHoynak  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2012, 08:50 AM

Thanks, I can still change it since it will not ship for a few weeks but wondered if it is worth it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules