Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > XServe RAID IP and Password

XServe RAID IP and Password
grovberg
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2006, 09:55 AM

So about two years ago we set up an XServe with a XServe RAID. The RAID was essentially set up and not touched again for the last two years. As a result of a botched upgrade to 10.4 recently, I had to wipe the XServe completely, which included the IP address and password for the RAID, which I had honestly forgotten I even needed and are now gone for good.

Long story short (too late!), I want to add more space to the RAID, but I don't have the IP address and password that the RAID Admin application wants in order to get access to the RAID (which is connected via Fiber Channel and therefore not even on the network).

One solution I've considered since all the current drives are connected to the first controller is just filling up side two and moving all the data over. If I do that, is there a way to "reset" the first controller so that I can use it again? Does each side have it's own IP (I'm assuming there's a default I can look up)? Does that plan make sense?

I've essentially forgotten everything I knew about dealing with this system, so I might be missing something obvious. If you have any suggestions for getting around this problem (even RTFM), I'd appreciate it.
"Make good fight."
-Mr. Miyagi

betasp
Forum Regular
Mar 21, 2006, 10:13 AM

We are in the same boat, kindof. Our Xserve and Xraid have been running for over 2 years without touching it. We have not touched the OS, though. This is a problem for Apple, I would call them. We keep up our maintenance for just this sort of thing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules