Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iTalk & 4g iPod oddity...then crash

iTalk & 4g iPod oddity...then crash
bstone
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2005, 11:50 PM

I use my 40gb 4g iPod with a Griffin iTalk to record my lectures, around 2 hours long. For the past many months I have not had any problems doing so. I write down when the prof says important stuff so I can go back to listen.

While recording today's lecture I suddenly noticed that the iPod read 00:00:00, but was still flashing "recording" and the red light was still on the iTalk. It had been recording for 90 minutes when this occured. I tried to hit "Stop & Save" in order to quickly save it and open a new recording, but then the iPod crashed. It took several seconds to turn back on, and displayed the Apple logo until it finally came back. I then recorded the rest of the lecture, 20 minutes without error.

The person who sits in front of me says her iPod sometimes does the same with the Belkin voice recorder. She says that the lecture is also corrupted and unusable. I will find out about this when I get home later. My iPod is using the latest firmware.

Griffin's web site has no information about this. Any ideas?
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2005, 03:41 PM

I don't think the iTalk plays as well with the 4G as it does with the 3G. I learned this after buying an unpowered (noise cancelling) mic for mine. It didn't work, waste of money. All Griffin said was that a powered mic should work fine. I have a friend with the same mic on his 3G and it works fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules