Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city?

Anna Benson and new Orioles pitching hubby, Kris, want to "CHRISTEN" every city? (Page 7)
d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:31 PM

page 7?!

andi*pandi
Jan 27, 2006, 01:34 PM

dude, you totally owned page 7.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 01:36 PM

yay! you know lost in all the pedophelia talk is the fact that some 16 year old girls are just plain hot - and appear ALL woman to boot.

(not that I'm trying to extend the life of this very special thread, just feeling the full disclosure thang).

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:48 PM

What's her name, Paul? It's ok, you can tell us. You're not alone here.
weird wabbit

Dakar
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 01:48 PM

Yeah, so liking a 17 year-old is pedophilia, but an 18 year-old isn't? Please.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:54 PM

i've had sex with 16 year olds.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 01:55 PM

Were they older women at the time?

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 01:56 PM

yeah

Dakar
Professional Poster

High Five!

boots
Professional Poster

Wow. Here's an unexpected turn. Is everyone gonna clean out their closets in this thread?

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by paul w
yay! you know lost in all the pedophelia talk is the fact that some 16 year old girls are just plain hot - and appear ALL woman to boot.

(not that I'm trying to extend the life of this very special thread, just feeling the full disclosure thang).
Since we're doing the full-disclosure thang. here's my story.

I'm in community college and working as a short-order cook at the local diner. Cute waitress has her family and step-sister come in one weekend and I spy the sister. She's REALLY cute, friendly and a great rack.

I mention my interest to said co-worker who give her number. Next Friday night we go out. We went bowling--Yes, I know it's odd--and on the way home stopped off at the park by her house--at her suggestion--to fool around in the gazebo. We're halk-naked getting hot and heavy when she mentions needing to be home by curfew.

Turns out she was 16--she looked about 22/23--and was a junior in high school. Me, all of 21, who thinks he has this great catch is suddenly a cradle robber. But, we dated for almost a year before I moved away and stayed "friendly" for about two years after that.

Last I heard she was happily married--don't know about kids--and living in the Boston area. She was a great girlfriend and an AMAZING lover and suprisingly mature for her age (whereas I was not).

Of course, she is now 30 and I am going on 36 but it is still quite a nice memory.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by theolein
Posting side splittingly insane thread on an internet board: Hilarious
Posting another one in the space of two days to try and bait the people you couldn't bait the first time round: Stupendous
Admitting you're a paedophile on an internet forum with 16000 members: Priceless
I though we had one here once that ended up killing himself or something.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by demograph68
The Great Dramas of the Lounge, so far, include PB Dude, MikeM33, and now Aberdeen, all still kicking, I believe. (who am I missing, here?) Not counting the News Factor Debacle, that is.

Then, there was Zigzag, who did kill himself, but certainly not over anything NN-related. None of his laundry ever got aired here, until he was already gone bye-bye.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 27, 2006, 02:49 PM

-t

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 02:49 PM

If this thread is gonna get to page 15, it's gonna need more llamas:

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 27, 2006, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by boots
If this thread is gonna get to page 15, it's gonna need more llamas:

I hate to break it to you, but that's a dog.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 02:55 PM

AW, the easiest thing in the world to do is judge, as you've seen. I've always enjoyed your sense of humor and willingness to think for yourself, hope you stick around. In the end it's all stuff, and we ain't owned by it.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by demograph68
ZigZag's suicide had nothing to do with this.

As for Aderdeen's love-hate relationship with Cody, I am so not surprised. Really. Cody might have a different nick, but she's still the same person as iwrite and there was some pretty highball lunacy there (The theatrics surrounding terry Schiavo come to mind, as well as the dawg family funhouse). To some of us, it's pretty obvious that to be big buddies with Cody is not something that's going to go well. Really, to divulge very personal info to a woman who lives for the juicy stories in the National Enquirer is like giving a junky a job in a heroin lab.

And one has to ask oneself just how much in the way of grey matter a person has who, while still having the possibility of denying it as the product of a deranged mind (and lord knows, there're enough people here who'd believe him), goes ahead and admits to having an affair with a minor in a place frequented by some 16000 people, amongst whom are people who are certain to get very upset about that kind of situation.

We all have our skeletons in our cupboards, but most of us only air the ones that won't have serious repurcussions.

As for the full disclosure thing, well of course a 16 year old girl can be really sexy and tempt a grown man. Please, that much is painfully obvious. In the middle ages, and in some countries today it would be pretty normal for some man to take a 16 year old girl as a wife. However, in our western society that is a taboo (and IMO, rightly so, because there is usually a large maturity difference between a grown man and a teenage girl, present company excluded in some cases).
weird wabbit

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 03:29 PM

Llamas, people. Llamas.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 03:32 PM

We are all just pissing in the wind.

Ergo, don't take one's self so seriously folks.

But never trust a lap dog.

Llamas, however, are so much nicer and cuddlier.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural
pixplsthxbye

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 03:38 PM

That might offend the Llamas and I wouldn't want to do that.

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

DarwinX
Jan 27, 2006, 03:46 PM

Wow, I was hoping to stay out of this one but I can't fight the urge any longer.

This whole thread raises the question in my mind that I have tossed around for quite some time in plenty of conversations:

Do people's personas online actually emulate that of which is actually themselves in person (whether real world information of the person is posted or not) or do most people actually create an alter-ego when posting online?

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by mr. natural
This can mean only one thing...every rose really does have its thorn.

Ergo, don't take one's self so seriously folks.
Or others also too!

-flakey foont

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by DarwinX
Wow, I was hoping to stay out of this one but I can't fight the urge any longer.

This whole thread raises the question in my mind that I have tossed around for quite some time in plenty of conversations:

Do people's personas online actually emulate that of which is actually themselves in person (whether real world information of the person is posted or not) or do most people actually create an alter-ego when posting online?
Probably depends upon the person. With me, WYSIWYG. Others are gimmicks. Many are in between.

But what does this have to do with pissing on llama during a windstorm?

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 04:12 PM

Boots, I think I have found the perfect thing for you, the pinnacle of all that is awesome.

Tony Llama boots!

Never since chocolate and peanut butter have two great things been combined to yield such awesome results.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2006, 04:18 PM

Heh. They spelled it wrong. It's Lama

And those boots in my sig are mine. Which I wear. Ok, not so much the python skins, but the brown ones in the back left are the standard. The long horns are mine too. A gift from my PhD advisor.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi
fwiw, I believe kevin.

this guy doesn't, however.

I think this was the best post of the thread.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by boots
Llamas, people. Llamas.

Remember, when you see a Llama in the water, cry out:

"¡Cuidado! ¡Alla es Llamas!"

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 05:40 PM

Hi theolein:

And one has to ask oneself just how much in the way of grey matter a person has who, while still having the possibility of denying it as the product of a deranged mind (and lord knows, there're enough people here who'd believe him), goes ahead and admits to having an affair with a minor in a place frequented by some 16000 people, amongst whom are people who are certain to get very upset about that kind of situation.
I didn't read anything else other than this page but your comment here struck me as apropos. You hit the nail on the head.

That is PRECISELY why, when Mr. AW demanded that I "retract" something that I ignored him. I didn't think that putting this kind of crap out there really helped the situation.

Anyway, like I said, he's a nice enough guy when you talk to him. Intelligent, witty repartee, interesting.

Now we're up to celery and llamas and Lord knows what else.

I guess I'll take a shot of flaxseed oil right about now...I need it.

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I guess I'll take a shot of flaxseed oil right about now...I need it.
Yes, do keep us up to date on your dietary habits. It's all we can do to hang in there until your next meal.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by DarwinX

Interesting question. I've thought about it a few moments using myself as the reference and here's what I've come up with.

One. This post of yours is intriguing enough to keep one from immediately suspecting it an intentional rorschach test, where the answer isn't as important for it's content as it is as an insight into one's own orientation. In fact I believe both could be interesting and both, valid. Although if you are oblivious to the aspect of self revelation the face value of the question is certainly valid.

And, of course, that ties in to the nature of the O.P. If you didn't know anything about the Bowie thread you'd just respond to this O.P at face value.

Two. The frequency of interaction here forces us to continually define ourselves. After a while it becomes impossible to create a character, an alter-ego, completely different from our true self. If we ARE completely self guarded or self aware in each post, as if creating a completely separate identity, there would be no flow. The posts would be fewer and one dimensional and tend toward the wooden. At least at first, until the alter ego developed a 'life' of his/her own in the God-like mind of the poster.

Three. I think the seeds of several people exist within each of us except either the most well adjusted or the least imaginative among us. When choosing the experience and forces that will shape our development as people, starting from childhood, there are seeds (or aspects of our character) which are allowed to develop and others are cultivated and encouraged. Other seeds are DIScouraged and left intentionally to wither.

Other seeds simply never get the nurturing they might have under different types of upbringing, parents, schools and etc.

In creating a persona here I believe the seeds that were never encouraged in me have sprouted and over time, with an adult's decision making skills (rather than a child's skills) of intelligence, experience and taste a hybrid of me has emerged.

Without the same limitations the real me faces. In effect, I re-create here.

And that gives us a chance to see the word, recreation, for what it really is.

And that speaks to the MacNN addiction.

We consider this recreation because we can, RE-CREATE ourselves here and it is interesting and pleasurable. Or else we wouldn't do it.

Interesting question.
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 08:14 PM

In after aberdeenwriter. Yes, I was waiting for your post!

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
You do pretty well... you've been nicer to me than Kevin and Railroader.
And your actions have nothing to do with that right? Of course not.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
And your actions have nothing to do with that right? Of course not.
That post is from this morning. Are you just now getting around to whipping up a reply? Your slipping there, Zimphy.
Your response time with the snappy retorts used to be measured in minutes, not hours. Try harder next time.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by aberdeenwriter
In creating a persona here I believe the seeds that were never encouraged in me have sprouted and over time, with an adult's decision making skills (rather than a child's skills) of intelligence, experience and taste a hybrid of me has emerged.
Children, control yourselves, please!

I know you are all excited to see aberdeen return to the playground, but just remember he's had a trying time of late with his super ego. It appears his psyche is recovering and he's learning to give a little more breathing space to his repressed childish id, but let's not press too hard upon him all at once.

A simple hug will suffice.

((((((feel the love))))))

Now then, who's willing to show him the nice Llamas. No, aberdeen, they won't bite you. Not like lap dogs.

Ok, children!, please, enjoy this recess from reality.

::mr. natural turns his back on the ensuing clamor and disarray that erupts and sneaks a swig from his whiskey filled flask. a small child lingers to tug at his pant leg::

Yes, what is it?

What, you're worried about the upcoming quiz on Peak Oil? Well, dear, I'm sure aberdeen would be glad to help you bone up on that.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 09:31 PM

Llamas chew and spit but at least their fur doesn't smell.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 09:59 PM

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 10:57 PM

while on the topic of llamas...

(back to the thread...)

regardless....

I like this...anyone else feel the same?

blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

aberdeenwriter  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2006, 10:58 PM

oops

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 10:59 PM

This space for rent

paul w
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by shabbasuraj
while on the topic of llamas...

WHY OH WHY DID HE CUT HIS LOCKS?

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
That post is from this morning. Are you just now getting around to whipping up a reply? Your slipping there, Zimphy.
Your response time with the snappy retorts used to be measured in minutes, not hours. Try harder next time.
I was polishing my codpiece.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 12:04 AM

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 28, 2006, 12:19 AM

Chicks dig em.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2006, 01:38 AM

Cody,

I don't understand... you want to help this guy, yet you judge him harshly at a time when he likely needs love and support...

Please don't try to help me.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 01:56 AM

besson:

You are so weird.

I don't love him and he doesn't need my support.

Why the hell should you, a stranger, be telling me (or others) to "love" and "support" a stranger?

You take care of him, will you? If you think he needs love and support then give it to him!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 28, 2006, 02:09 AM

besson:

You are so weird.

I don't love him and he doesn't need my support.

Why the hell should you, a stranger, be telling me (or others) to "love" and "support" a stranger?

You take care of him, will you? If you think he needs love and support then give it to him!

Aren't you the person Aberdeen was writing about that came in between him and this other girl? Weren't you the one saying in an earlier message how you want to help him?

If he doesn't need your love or support, why do you want to help him?

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 03:08 AM

I don't want to help him.

He doesn't want anyone's help.

euchomai
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2006, 12:23 PM

I don't want to help him.

He doesn't want anyone's help.

I don't understand the purpose of the wink, what do you mean by it?

Forum Links
Forum Rules