Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Screw You E-harmony/Compatible Partners!

Screw You E-harmony/Compatible Partners!
Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 07:48 PM

So my sister used to use the service, she never found anyone but she's my sister... I couldn't fault that on the service. I thought to myself, maybe I'll give it a try. Turns out now only is it crazy expensive, but it paired me up mostly with people who lives half way across the country. Of course I had to go with the gay site, which wasn't eharmony, because they hate gays or something... not sure why I chose to give them my money, did it on a whim.
Anyway I looked into their policies on refunds just incase it turned out to be a dud. Sure enough NOBODY was on there, go figure people don't wanna pay 30 bucks a month for a service nobody is on!

Anyway, long story short I email them to cancel, and they tell me I need to phone customer service to cancel which isn't open on the week end. So I finally called back this monday and they refused to do a refund even though I didn't even talk to a single person. So now I have to phone up Visa and get them to do a charge back because they won't even honour their own refund policy.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2010, 07:49 PM

Why don't you link to your blog for this?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2010, 07:53 PM

Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 1, 2010, 08:14 PM

I found out with eHarmony that if you answer truthfully, you'll find zero people. I'll see if I can find the screenshot my brother took, but it's the perfect Epic Fail picture. My brother tried it out, and we were laughing so hard (he was too.) On behest of my sister who met her fiance on eHarmony, he tried it out. He put down that he liked Dungeons & Dragons, working with computers, science fiction books and movies, etc.

Zero matches for his city. Widened to county, zero. State? Zero. So he widened the search to worldwide. Zero matches.

My sister told him, "You're not supposed to tell the truth! You have to lie to meet someone!"

Hah.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 08:29 PM

The idea is to let people know about businesses with unethical practices. Their site clearly states that if you cancel within three days you'll be refunded. I tried to, and they refused to cancel it for me, so I just wanna let people know.

In the end Visa is gonna credit me back, the sad thing is that they told me that the money won't end up coming out of Eharmony's pocket so I'm going to make a complaint to the better business bureau. I still can't believe they did that! Freaking scam artists!

Anyway contacted the BBB.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I found out with eHarmony that if you answer truthfully, you'll find zero people. I'll see if I can find the screenshot my brother took, but it's the perfect Epic Fail picture. My brother tried it out, and we were laughing so hard (he was too.) On behest of my sister who met her fiance on eHarmony, he tried it out. He put down that he liked Dungeons & Dragons, working with computers, science fiction books and movies, etc.

Zero matches for his city. Widened to county, zero. State? Zero. So he widened the search to worldwide. Zero matches.

My sister told him, "You're not supposed to tell the truth! You have to lie to meet someone!"

Hah.
That's terrible... the site said that I'd be great with some guys out on Victoria Island that didn't have pictures. To give you an idea... Victoria Island is like about as far out as Washington State, and I live in Winnipeg which is just north of Minneapolis.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 1, 2010, 08:38 PM

Have you tried not being gay?

I kid, I kid.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Have you tried not being gay?

I kid, I kid.

In the context of this thread, that's one of the funniest single posts I've ever read.

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2010, 11:38 PM

… .
( Last edited by el chupacabra; Jan 5, 2024 at 12:38 AM. )

Railroader
Banned
Sep 2, 2010, 12:26 AM

I have a couple friends who met and married through eHarmony. 4 years of great marriage and they are about to have their second child in a couple months. They were about 300 miles away from each other when they signed up.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2010, 05:53 AM

Yah well in America I guess they have more users. In Canada our entire country has a population smaller than California. I'd have considered using the service again if moved to the states but the fact is the customer service department seemed to think it was entirely fair to charge me 60 dollars since the service had given me a few people that might work several provinces over.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2010, 08:43 AM

e m o
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2010, 09:04 AM

I've always wondered about these services - what are the questions like?

(Besides the obvious what's your favorite color / favourite colour, and do you use extra vowels in words for no apparent reason other than location.)
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2010, 09:29 AM

Have you tried not being Canadian?

I kid, I kid.

andi*pandi
Sep 2, 2010, 09:56 AM

does AOL no longer have chatrooms for this?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 2, 2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
I have a couple friends who met and married through eHarmony. 4 years of great marriage and they are about to have their second child in a couple months. They were about 300 miles away from each other when they signed up.
Given that they're your friends, I assume that means neither lied on the quiz or whatever it is.

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2010, 01:11 AM

Apparently Better Business worked like a charm, refund issued by Eharmony! Take that you smug assed bitches!

Railroader
Banned
Sep 4, 2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Given that they're your friends, I assume that means neither lied on the quiz or whatever it is.
I have no idea. Both are pretty straight shooters.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2010, 09:59 PM

Do all your sentences begin with "so"...?

/just wondering
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 01:18 AM

Sooo... no.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2010, 02:21 AM

"So" is the "Thing is" of 2010

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 5, 2010, 08:30 AM

Thing is, was "That said" so 2009?

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 5, 2010, 12:27 PM

That's so <Year> is so <Year + 1>.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Salty  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2010, 08:37 PM

My head hurts now... thanks guys.

Annette707
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2012, 11:29 PM

I have been given my daily matches for the first 2 weeks, then it dwindled down to nothing today but one. There was one match that sent me guided communication, we made it through the first step, The second step I sent in mine and still have not recieved hers. This was almost 3 weeks ago. So I sent her an e-mail to find out if she was still interested either way let me know. So I e-mailed customer service, they said they would send her a reminder. Nothing. I am interested in this match and I don't think compatible partners wants you to match up, they just want your money. Even the stupid safe secure call feature they have. Ha! They match me up with a bunch of others that have nothing in common with me at all. Excuse me they have how many points they look for in matching you? Most of the matches they sent me have not even a pic, so how do they know when that is one of the points they use to match. So R from Seattle with the Golden C dog and T tiger kitty I tried. This compatible partner site has no way for the members to know if anyone is even getting their e-mails, guided communication, or an icebreaker. I am not happy with this site at all.
Annette

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2012, 02:06 AM

Maybe you should check out datingforzombies.com

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2012, 03:19 PM

Annette707
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2012, 10:15 PM

Sites takes money from people. The internet has become an extension for people that have gotten so busy.
( Last edited by Thorzdad; Feb 13, 2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: language)

Forum Links
Forum Rules