Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > File transfer problems from Linkstation

File transfer problems from Linkstation
ex-Windows-Fanboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2007, 02:58 PM

I've browsed and search the forums extensively and have not been able to find an answer to my problem. I hope you guys can help.

I just (happily) made the leap to Mac and jumped headfirst into the machine you see in my sig. Until now we've been using two PC laptops for processing power and have been storing all of our music and pictures on a Linkstation NAS drive. I can get my Mac to access the drive and copy the files it sees, but for some reason it refuses to "see" all the files. I thought this might have to do with some of the "forbidden characters" that I've read about (e.g. ", /, #, etc) but the file names in question do not violate this rule. My PC (thankfully) can still see these files on the NAS but I had planned on consolidating all my media files onto the MP. Can anybody help my Mac see all the files on the NAS so I can transfer them?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Mac Pro Quad 3.0, 4GB RAM, 250GB Boot HD + 500 GB Storage HD (Maxtor Pro), ATI X1900xt, 30GB 5G iPod, 60GB 4G iPod, 1G Shuffle, Bose Twins

ex-Windows-Fanboy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2007, 04:37 PM

Wait, should I have put this in the OS X forum? Sorry. Still learning the categories of MacNN.
Mac Pro Quad 3.0, 4GB RAM, 250GB Boot HD + 500 GB Storage HD (Maxtor Pro), ATI X1900xt, 30GB 5G iPod, 60GB 4G iPod, 1G Shuffle, Bose Twins

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2007, 05:18 PM

Yes, this should have gone in the OS X forum. Don't worry, it'll likely be moved shortly by a mod.

As for your problem I have no idea. Sorry
Linkinus is king.

Forum Links
Forum Rules