Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerBook G4 17" 1 GHz

FS: PowerBook G4 17" 1 GHz
btober
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2004, 03:21 PM

1 GHz PowerPC G4
17" LCD
512 MB RAM
60 GB HD
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 64 MB VRAM
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
2xUSB, 1xFireWire 400, 1xFireWire 800, DVI, S-Video, Gigabit Ethernet, 56kbps modem, PC Card slot, etc...
All original accessories/documentation/packaging
Excellent, near-mint condition.

$1500 or best offer, plus shipping.
«l'innovation, c'est une situation qu'on choisit parce qu'on a une passion brûlante pour quelque chose.» - steve jobs

nesuser2
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2004, 03:41 PM

TiBook or Albook? Selling it to buy anything special? As in, that you might be looking for in trade...any reason for such an awesome price? I'm possibly interested.

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2004, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by nesuser2:
TiBook or Albook? Selling it to buy anything special? As in, that you might be looking for in trade...any reason for such an awesome price? I'm possibly interested.
It is an Aluminum PowerBook. I'm not really looking to trade, just planning on upgrading to a new 15" PowerBook.
«l'innovation, c'est une situation qu'on choisit parce qu'on a une passion brûlante pour quelque chose.» - steve jobs

nesuser2
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2004, 04:09 PM

Your mailbox is full.

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2004, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by nesuser2:
Your mailbox is full.
Fixed.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Jul 31, 2004, 05:00 PM

this has the superdrive too?
as ever,
sonny

TerryJ
Senior User
Jul 31, 2004, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by btober:
1 GHz PowerPC G4
17" LCD
512 MB RAM
60 GB HD
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 64 MB VRAM
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
2xUSB, 1xFireWire 400, 1xFireWire 800, DVI, S-Video, Gigabit Ethernet, 56kbps modem, PC Card slot, etc...
All original accessories/documentation/packaging
Excellent, near-mint condition.

$1500 or best offer, plus shipping.
Been trying to e-mail but it says you're not taking e-mails through the board.

Still available? I'll likely take it if so. Photos? PayPal? References?

Thanks!

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2004, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by sledsbehave:
this has the superdrive too?
Yes, to clarify, this does have the SuperDrive.

Also, just to note, "best offer" does include prices above my stated price. I have received one offer for $1600. Best offer stands!
( Last edited by btober; Jul 31, 2004 at 11:42 PM. )

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2004, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by TerryJ:
Been trying to e-mail but it says you're not taking e-mails through the board.

Still available? I'll likely take it if so. Photos? PayPal? References?

Thanks!
The PowerBook has not yet been sold! I can take photos and will have them available as soon as possible. I also will accept PayPal - the fee will be passed onto the buyer, however.

My eBay user ID is hssoftware, for reference purposes.

TerryJ
Senior User
Jul 31, 2004, 11:53 PM

Generally when you post a specific/fixed price with the 'or best offer' tag, it means that you will take your posted price or the best closest offer to it, generally below your posted price. Sounds like this is running more like an auction since you are in fact not accepting the price you stated in your listing of $1500, rather one higher. When do you plan on settling in on a buyer/how long are you taking bids? I am ready to buy but if this is going to run a while it would be good to know so we potential bidders/buyers will know to hang in there or look elsewhere.

Also, can you send pics when they are available?

Thanks again!

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2004, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by TerryJ:
Generally when you post a specific/fixed price with the 'or best offer' tag, it means that you will take your posted price or the best closest offer to it, generally below your posted price. Sounds like this is running more like an auction since you are in fact not accepting the price you stated in your listing of $1500, rather one higher. When do you plan on settling in on a buyer/how long are you taking bids? I am ready to buy but if this is going to run a while it would be good to know so we potential bidders/buyers will know to hang in there or look elsewhere.

Also, can you send pics when they are available?

Thanks again!
Right, I understand what you're saying and I apologize deeply for the confusion. It was not my intention to do what is happening here, but of course it is beneficial for me to accept the highest price I can get. I would like to have a deal made by end of Monday at the latest, but I will make the sale earlier if the situation calls for it.

Pictures will come tomorrow morning.

TerryJ
Senior User
Aug 1, 2004, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the reply! I hope I didn't come off the wrong way, just trying to get a fix on how this was working. I look forward to the pics!

Thank you

amphora
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 1, 2004, 12:23 AM

If we are doing this like ebay then I'm in for $1602.50. Just so we are clear, where must our bids be forwarded...is it okay to post them here so others know?

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2004, 01:18 PM

amphora
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2004, 01:19 AM

Im trying to get the cahs out to you and finish this up as we have been talking about but you pm box is full. Please send me your email or empty the box so we can talk.

davecom
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 02:18 AM

Haha, I was at that DECA and I met Pat and got a picture with him at this year's DECA.

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by amphora:
Im trying to get the cahs out to you and finish this up as we have been talking about but you pm box is full. Please send me your email or empty the box so we can talk.
My pm box has been emptied. You can also email me... btober at mac dot com

btober  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by davecom:
Haha, I was at that DECA and I met Pat and got a picture with him at this year's DECA.
Amazing! Yeah, I have pictures from this year, I'm just lazy and haven't posted them yet. Did you go to internationals, or just states?

davecom
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by btober:
Amazing! Yeah, I have pictures from this year, I'm just lazy and haven't posted them yet. Did you go to internationals, or just states?
Yeah, I have pictures from this year's internationals too.

amphora
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2004, 02:34 PM

Okay im just waiting for your address to send the money out, or would you prefer paypal.

Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules